• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FFL Transfer Problem

I would have driven home first and secure my collection. just put my finger on ice.

sadly its easier to replace a extremity then it is to replace a gun.

He said Ludlow in one of his posts.

Even if the friend shot himself in the car in NH, in the CoP finds out about it, he could still yank the LTC.

Ahh, didn't read that.

Maybe after he got home from the hospital, the cops showed up, and he let them in??

Again, something is being left out here.

Not that I even think the MA 'suitability' thing is okay (I think the whole MA or any state licensing schemes shouldn't exist), but if there was ever a reason to say someone is 'unsuitable' to have firearms, shooting yourself with one has got to be high on that list.

your buddy sounds like an idiot. guns don't go off by accident. he made 3 mistakes, lets break it down...

1. he did not keep his finger off the trigger till he was ready to shoot
2. He left his guns out after he left
3. he actually admitted to shooting himself (its a finger tell the damn doctor you cut it with a skill saw or something)

Or someone was home after he left to the hospital and let the cops in? Who know, either way, this guy is screwed and I hope he gets his stuff moved soon.

I don't have any problem with someone storing their guns any way they want to, but yeah, this dude is obviously a few fries short of a happy meal.

your buddy sounds like an idiot. guns don't go off by accident. he made 3 mistakes, lets break it down...

3. he actually admitted to shooting himself (its a finger tell the damn doctor you cut it with a skill saw or something)

No question about the first one, but the other two can only be considered stupid because of how ridiculous MA is. There is nothing particular stupid about those things otherwise. If leaving a gun in your house makes someone an idiot, then simply living in MA makes one an idiot too.

I've seen lots of 'tards put their fingers in front of a muzzle when trying to disassemble a handgun, if someone didn't triple check the gun was clear before proceeding, its easy to see how someone could shoot their finger off with a 1911, Glock, etc.

-Mike
My hands don't go over the end of my guns (or anyone else's) unless they are either breech-locked, and/or bolt removed.

Not that I even think the MA 'suitability' thing is okay (I think the whole MA or any state licensing schemes shouldn't exist), but if there was ever a reason to say someone is 'unsuitable' to have firearms, shooting yourself with one has got to be high on that list.

Thats a dangerous conclusion. It does happen to good people who are usually safe.

As I'm SURE we do not know all of the facts here, I think it would be pretty easy to argue that after the "accident", there was a certain amount of shock that set in.....as such, it becomes possible to say he did what he did because he was not thinking clearly, he was in shock......

Now, in the sh!thole, at least in respect to gun laws, that is Mass, I don't believe that argument will fly but I would certainly like to see it made.

I've seen lots of 'tards put their fingers in front of a muzzle when trying to disassemble a handgun, if someone didn't triple check the gun was clear before proceeding, its easy to see how someone could shoot their finger off with a 1911, Glock, etc.

-Mike

Or having their finger behind the slide (rear cover plate area). Say goodbye to finger.

Keep in mind, doctors aren't dummies, and a gun show wound is gonna look a whole hell of a lot worse than a cut from a saw. They're usually pretty good about figuring shit out, plus I'm sure the guy was pretty freaked out, god knows I would be.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not willing to just shit on someone who shot themselves by mistake. Is it dumb? sure, but he hurt only himself and learned a pretty harsh lesson, move along. I'm much more concerned that his god given rights are being taken away for hurting no one else but himself, by mistake no less.

There was thread on this recently, but I'm pretty sure an FFL can go claim them for him, and then transfer them to you if they're on the list.

In this case, the PD can directly transfer the guns to any LTC holder designated by the owner, since (a) the confiscation was due to a license suspension/revocation that was not the result of a 209(a), and (b) the guns are not evidence in any criminal investigation.

The FFL only (more precisely "MA licensed dealer only") requirement applies to 209(a) confiscations.

In the future, the first call is to your "cleaner". Then you seek medical attention ...

Back
Top Bottom