FFL Not Communicating

If you paid by card just call the card company,and dispute the charges.
I don't see how this succeeds. You contracted Buds to deliver the gun to your chosen FFL. The OP chose the FFL. Buds fulfilled its obligations and likely has proof (gun, bound book, tracking, delivery receipt, signature).

Your issue is with the local FFL. I too hate Buds, but the problem is not on them.

This. I'm not a dealer... but if a firearm showed up at my door and I find;t order it, expect it, or have any knowledge of it, I'm not signing for it and it's going back to the sender. That's a big NO EFFING THANKS...

While I agree with you in principle,in reality, any gun shop of any consequence isn't going to be doing this. They sign for the shit and leave it in a pile, you don't have time to be cracking open boxes and cross checking a pile of shit, "on the fly" when there are customers in your store, when the UPS guy or whoever it is drops the shit off. Then when it gets quieter, that's when you actually start opening shit up and logging it in.

Buds customer service is sending him a return label. That's a good as it's going to get with them right now. Next step is to keep calling, emailing, visiting (not the best use of my time though). If he does return the products, I'm not going down the credit card route. If he doesn't, I can get the card company to pressure Buds.

If anyone else is reading this thread and learns something, then I consider it a success. That was part of my reasoning for posting from the start, actually.

Buds customer service is sending him a return label. That's a good as it's going to get with them right now. Next step is to keep calling, emailing, visiting (not the best use of my time though). If he does return the products, I'm not going down the credit card route. If he doesn't, I can get the card company to pressure Buds.

If anyone else is reading this thread and learns something, then I consider it a success. That was part of my reasoning for posting from the start, actually.

Did you post anything on social media page yet? Like "Hello? you signed for 2 of my guns, looking for some help here. "

-Mike

While I agree with you in principle,in reality, any gun shop of any consequence isn't going to be doing this. They sign for the shit and leave it in a pile, you don't have time to be cracking open boxes and cross checking a pile of shit, "on the fly" when there are customers in your store, when the UPS guy or whoever it is drops the shit off. Then when it gets quieter, that's when you actually start opening shit up and logging it in.
If UPS delivers shit, is this a Hazmat issue? LOL. Jack.

Not his style to inform potential customers. Just NES.

I just don't understand airing of grievances on social media, by which I mean Facebook, and review sites like Yelp. This is a specialized forum though admittedly still publicly searchable.

If this doesn't get resolved amicably, maybe I'll change my mind.

If I were you I'd go to the Station and ask for Officer Whitman and if they ask it's a personal matter. They are your firearms and they are recorded at Bud's and they need to be logged in at Hitman Firearms, so I'd get in touch with him and tell him you want your guns. You need to be aggressive. You are within your rights to do so.

If I were you I'd go to the Station and ask for Officer Whitman and if they ask it's a personal matter. They are your firearms and they are recorded at Bud's and they need to be logged in at Hitman Firearms, so I'd get in touch with him and tell him you want your guns. You need to be aggressive. You are within your rights to do so.

Yeah be aggressive with the FFL who is an active cop who is used to being in hot water. Great advise big Al...

This is almost a no-win.

The OP apparently did his due diligence and went with who Bud's recommended. Bud's did their part. Now the small business owner turns out to be a dirty cop of some sort who's in so much assorted hot water that the OP's firearm probably doesn't even register. And how do you force a guy in that kind of trouble to come in and do a transfer?

I was being very, very sarcastic by suggesting the OP call Maura's Consumer Protection office, but ironically that's in theory exactly who he should contact. Note, I'm not saying it'll work. But there does seem to be just about no relief for the OP.

This is almost a no-win.

The OP apparently did his due diligence and went with who Bud's recommended. Bud's did their part. Now the small business owner turns out to be a dirty cop of some sort who's in so much assorted hot water that the OP's firearm probably doesn't even register. And how do you force a guy in that kind of trouble to come in and do a transfer?
Call the ATF...maybe?

If the FFL is closed indefinitely, and you have a deep need for the firearms, you can first coordinate with an FFL that is local to you and is "preferred" by Buds.
By communicating with the local FFL, you will most likely get the guns. You can then sell the others when the original FFL reopens. Or, keep them as spares...
B. Always have spares

Thanks to whomever saw this post and was able to reach the FFL, who reached out to schedule a time to complete the transfer. Will follow up after the transfer is done later this week.

I'm going to make a wag that someone knows the guy personally, although frankly if he doesn't have time to run the place to do transfers or whatever, he should add another "responsible person" to his license to come in and do it or at least tell people he's not taking inbounds. It don't matter what business someone is in the optics are always better turning down
business vs not responding. I find people appreciate the honesty.

That's great it is being resolved. Myself the thing that would have really driven me nuts is lack of response, ie if the guy said sorry I took a trip be back in 2 weeks, ok fine - but no response is a bad predicament.

I'm going to make a wag that someone knows the guy personally,
My WAG is that he is a member here on NES.
I bought a nice Rock Island Armory .45 from Hitman a few years back and had nothing but a good experience...
~Enbloc

This is almost a no-win.

I was being very, very sarcastic by suggesting the OP call Maura's Consumer Protection office, but ironically that's in theory exactly who he should contact. Note, I'm not saying it'll work. But there does seem to be just about no relief for the OP.
Did his due diligence? Then bought from Bud's?
[rolleyes]

LGS from here on out. I bought online right after I got my LTC which happened just as gun stores were getting shutdown. Honestly, a bit of desperation to have a weapon just in case sh!t hit the fan during the pandemic. Also, a bit of naïveté on the whole process, which would have been much simpler if I just waiting for everything to open up.
You should have asked us, everybody here is an expert...hahaha

This is almost a no-win.

The bar for Buds preferred dealers is that you accept ALL transfers without first being asked/notified. That’s it. Nothing else. I am listed at Buds but require you contact me first. Since Buds put in place their own backwards view of MA compliance, it is probably safe to flip the switch and say yes to all. Before that someone could send you an off list revolver and you would have a problem.

Then again, who needs more business from Buds...

Thanks to whomever saw this post and was able to reach the FFL, who reached out to schedule a time to complete the transfer. Will follow up after the transfer is done later this week.

Glad to hear. I'm sure he does not want anymore hot water than he already has.

Yeah be aggressive with the FFL who is an active cop who is used to being in hot water. Great advise big Al...

Nick, "aggressive" meaning don't sit back and wait for something to happen. Keep E mailing and calling until you get this done is what I mean by being aggressive.

Did his due diligence? Then bought from Bud's?
[rolleyes]

Ironically, the one gun I bought from Bud's is one of the guns that I love the most. Hated dealing with Bud's and their suggested FFL, though. That one transaction was enough to make me never buy anything from them again.

Bud's is like the online vendor of last resort. If you really want something or you want a very specific model and no one else has it, but Bud's does.

Fair point. I did explain it in this thread. Only LGS moving forward.

One bad transaction between Bud's, a hack online vendor, and a shop run by a dirty cop isn't sufficient to never use online sales again. Really, it depends on what kind of guns you're trying to buy. If you're largely content with the big brands and bulk products, basically anything that isn't out of the ordinary, then local FFLs are fine.

If you have any interest in anything out of the norm, you have to buy guns online and have them shipped either to you as a FFL03 or to a local shop for the transfer. What you need to do is become known to a local FFL on a first name, or at least facial recognition, basis. If a shop knows who you are and you've done a few transactions already, they'll generally have no problem if you have something sent to them without prior notice in normal situations. Though, I still call/email/stop by the shop to give them a head's up usually before I buy the gun or before it ships. Edit: a lot of the time, you'll have to have your FFL send their information to the seller's FFL, if a sale like on gunbroker, or to the FFL from whom you bought the gun. This obviously tips off your FFL that a package is incoming.

Local gun shops simply don't have the selection, prices, and quantities necessary to make every buyer happy. That's where online or out-of-state shopping comes in handy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have bought guns from Gunbroker because as Stockwell says the LGS don't have the selection, nor can they sell them for the prices on GB. My local FFL welcomes transfers from GB because he makes the $25 transfer fee which he says is more than what he makes on a firearm sometimes. I also have bought firearms from him and have sent customers his way.

I remember doing an online purchase a while back. My case wa s little different as I went to a LGS and suggested I look online because they felt base don what I was looking for that I would get the firearm quicker if I purchased online. They did not refer me to anyone but in searching around I found an online dealer to work with. I recall my experience being that the online dealer asked me who I was dealing with locally. I told them. They told me to reach out to the LGS and told me to ask them to fax a copy of their FFL and shipping information. So I did. The LGS obliged even though they mentioned that the particular online dealer already had a copy of his FFL and address. When I followed back up with the online dealer they confirmed that they already did have the information for this LGS. This was all before any financial transaction took place with the online dealer.

That was my only online purchase ever. Seemed like a lot of back and forth communication between me and the online guy as well as the LGS.

But given the OP's experience I prefer it to having to chase someone down for weeks after my credit card has already been charged.

As I have only ever made one online purchase in my life, and it worked out as it did, it seems to me that any online dealer will ship to any local dealer as long as they can get a copy of the FFL and contact/shipping information. So even though the online dealer has a list of preferred dealers, aren't those just pre-qualified in that the online guy already has that local shop's FFL and contact info.? Can't you still suggest another shop and take a few extra steps to verify the LGS send their info. to the line dealer? You're not locked into local shops on the dealer's "preferred" list are you?

Back
Top Bottom