• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FFL Needed 4/26/18 Bellingham - Donations too.

EMTDAD

NES Member
Hi all..

as you might know, we started up a new local chapter of the National Wild Turkey Federation in southeast MA. The NWTF sponsors a lot of conservation projects throughout the country including MA. They also sponsor lots of events, including Women in the Outdoors (WITO), Wheelin Sportsmen, introducing youth to hunting, along with whatever events the local chapters can think of.

Each chapter has an annual banquet. On 4/26/18, a Thursday night, is our annual fundraiser banquet at the Coachmen's Lodge in Bellingham. There will be a full dinner, and lots of raffles, auctions, prizes, etc., including GUNS! We're expecting 100-150 people at this.

We're looking for an FFL who would be willing to be on site to do the transfers for free as a donation to the NWTF. We can provide a nonprofit receipt for tax purposes for the value. Pretty sure we'd also compensate you a meal or 2, and maybe some raffle tix. Pretty sure that you'd have your own table, where you'd be able to advertise your business to all the attendees. We also have some fun kid equipment where maybe we can trade time, where we come out to a business open house or fun day and set up. Logistics are still being developed and I'd have to run exactly what we can do thru the chapter committee.

please let me know if you'd be interested. Thanks.

Last edited:
Thanks Jason.. this is our first banquet as a chapter.... so I'm not sure of how it all works legally or logistically... I'm told one option is for the NWTF to ship the guns to the FFL, and have the FFL bring them to the event and transfer there so winners can leave with them. But this may be how its done in another state...

at this point, we're trying to get someone who's willing to donate the time.. Obviously, we'd work with the FFL to do things by the book...

As was already posted, the transfers have to take place at the FFL address or a true gun show.

We can provide a nonprofit receipt for tax purposes for the value.

I don't think you can use the value of services as a deduction.

From IRS Publication 526:

Contributions You Can't Deduct

There are some contributions you can't deduct
and others you can deduct only in part.

You can't deduct as a charitable contribution:

1. A contribution to a specific individual,
2. A contribution to a nonqualified organization,
3. The part of a contribution from which youreceive or expect to receive a benefit,
4. The value of your time or services,
5. Your personal expenses,
6. A qualified charitable distribution from an individual retirement arrangement (IRA),
7. Appraisal fees,
8. Certain contributions to donor advised funds, or
9. Certain contributions of partial interests in property

I don't think you can use the value of services as a deduction.

From IRS Publication 526:

thanks.. sorry.. IANACPA :)

however, they will get meals & raffle tix... :)

so I will need to check with the central MA chapter to see exactly how they do it... May be that all the guns are shipped to the FFL store and winners pick up there..

Jason is correct. Federal law FFL can only deliver firearms at place of business or a bonefide gun show. There is no wiggle room in this.

The only way it could be done onsite is if you had an FFL with your club as their place of business or if the event was a gun show. I have no idea what the steps are to have a bonefide gun show but can guess the ATF is involved...

Thanks Jason.. this is our first banquet as a chapter.... so I'm not sure of how it all works legally or logistically... I'm told one option is for the NWTF to ship the guns to the FFL, and have the FFL bring them to the event and transfer there so winners can leave with them. But this may be how its done in another state...

at this point, we're trying to get someone who's willing to donate the time.. Obviously, we'd work with the FFL to do things by the book...

Winners picking up at the FFL addy is not an option??

It would be.. as I said.. first time doing this for our chapter... I'm trying to get details from CenMA chapter on how they do it. I was under the impression from our regional director, that winners walk out of the banquet with their guns.

I haven't been to another chapter's banquet yet to see how it's all done..

regardless of how it's done.. we need an FFL willing to do the transfers..

I didn't know GOAL was an FFL.

You might call Bachant's at Five Oh eight two nine five double seven one two. They're in Lakeville which is 40 miles away, so maybe too far?

Last edited:
so I heard back from our regional guy... he says all of our MA banquet goers head to a FFLs place of business for the transfers.

So.. anyone in the SEMass area with a shop willing to do some transfers in exchange for driving business into your shop, advertising on our FB page and future website, and a nice night out for 2?

so I heard back from our regional guy... he says all of our MA banquet goers head to a FFLs place of business for the transfers.

So.. anyone in the SEMass area with a shop willing to do some transfers in exchange for driving business into your shop, advertising on our FB page and future website, and a nice night out for 2?

MFS is only 10 miles away.

We're ramping up for our NWTF Banquet in April.. still looking for an FFL.. also looking for donations for our raffles.. anything NEW.. gift cards, gift certificates to your business.. get creative... doesn't need to be hunting/shooting related.. if you have any kind of service business.. a gift cert for services is always good.. anything from auto repair to landscaping etc.. Obviously, merchandise is always accepted, and you will get credit and publicity at the banquet for your generosity.

The Coachmen's Lodge is a pretty nice facility, and the food is really good.. this will be a good time, I can assure you
Mark Your Calendar | NWTF Event

We are a certified NONPROFIT and can provide you with our tax id for deduction purposes..

We'll also have a bunch of NWTF stuff that you can underwrite.. basically give us a monetary donation for the item, and we will acknowledge that you/your business sponsored that item.. These are the items we'll have for auction/raffle..
http://www.nwtf.org/_resources/e30d... Book 2018 Digital.pdf?disposition=attachment

Back
Top Bottom