• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Few MA Resident Questions for Class A

1. Is MA a announce to the officer you are carrying state? I know its good to do it but if I get pulled over for a traffic violation i dont see the need to.

2. I live in chelmsford now with a class A non-restricted and I move to say lowell that is known for restricted hunting. Do I have to get a new license or am I good? Just wondering because I'm going to be moving soon.

I believe that's it for now.

Thanks guys/gals,
Ray

1. Don't bring it up unless the officer asked. Could create a problem out of a routine traffic stop depending on the officer.
2. Your license is still good. You just have to notify your current police chief and the chief in the Lowell.

1. Don't bring it up unless the officer asked. Could create a problem out of a routine traffic stop depending on the officer.
2. Your license is still good. You just have to notify your current police chief and the chief in the Lowell.

This and you need to notify the firearms record bureau, all three letters need to be certified.

1. Is MA a announce to the officer you are carrying state? I know its good to do it but if I get pulled over for a traffic violation i dont see the need to.
Major can of worms...this gets argued with fair regularity around here. There is no legal requirement to do so. As to whether or not you should, I think if you do, the Biblical Plagues will be enacted upon you, and if you don't, the Sun implodes. YMMV.

1. NO legal requirement

2. You must notify the CLEO in Chelmsford and Lowell as well as CHSB or what ever name they are calling themselves these days by certified mail.

2. I live in chelmsford now with a class A non-restricted and I move to say lowell that is known for restricted hunting. Do I have to get a new license or am I good? Just wondering because I'm going to be moving soon.

I believe that's it for now.

Thanks guys/gals,
Ray

DON'T move to Lowell!!!

This post seems a liitle off. [hmmm]

Last edited:
I checked out masscops a little while back to see what officers think of notifying the officer in a traffic stop. Most said they would want to know, big surprise. Some say they notify if they get pulled over off duty... but easier for them since they are cops anyway. A few said they don't care.

The consensus here is: notify or don't notify. If you think the cop will see your firearm or if you have to step out of the vehicle, definitely notify.

One thing that spooked me is a cop at masscops saying that when someone notifies him, a legally licensed person, he has the person step out of the car and put his hands on the hood while the firearm is removed. He didn't mention if a tsa grope was included or not. A few other cops said they take the firearm for the duration of the stop and throw it in the trunk at the end. Or pass back the firearm sans magazine, pop the bullets out of the mag one by one into your cupped hands, then give you the empty magazine.

If I wanted to be treated like a criminal for doing something legal, I'd fly.

Cool good to know if I move i dont have to give up my class A because "X" town is a red/black town.

You might. When you renew there is a very good chance that Lowell will put restrictions on your license. I strongly recommend that you do NOT move to Lowell.

If you are in Lowell when you renew they may restrict?
Absolutely. From what I've read about the Lowell PD, I would expect them to issue a restricted license upon renewal.

Last edited:
Major can of worms...this gets argued with fair regularity around here. There is no legal requirement to do so. As to whether or not you should, I think if you do, the Biblical Plagues will be enacted upon you, and if you don't, the Sun implodes. YMMV.

Either way, God will kill another kitten and a dog will get shot somewhere. Jack.

Back
Top Bottom