Feral hog spotted in NH

Knowing the problems they cause down south, what would you do if you came upon this critter this deer season?

NH's official stance is they're private property and thus illegal to shoot, but I'm not sure I'd pass the opportunity to be an activist conservationist.

This is likely a domestic hog that went feral, right? Something like that? I thought I saw somewhere that they can change/adapt pretty dramatically, and pretty quickly.
Likely an escapee from Corbin Park out in Croydon (next town over).

Regardless of its escaped status it should be dealt with immediately- last thing you need is one of these having a litter and kicking off a ecological disaster.

Likely an escapee from Corbin Park out in Croydon (next town over).

Regardless of its escaped status it should be dealt with immediately- last thing you need is one of these having a litter and kicking off a ecological disaster.

Just looked that place up. I may get flamed for this, but it seems pretty reckless to have a bunch of wild hogs running around up there.

i thought, and don't quote me, that we here on nes had a thread pop up on this a while ago (a few years actually), nothing to do with this current sighting, where 2 separate large groups of wild hogs were seen in the northern portion of n.h. anyone remember such a thread? or am i mis-remembering again?

i thought, and don't quote me, that we here on nes had a thread pop up on this a while ago (a few years actually), nothing to do with this current sighting, where 2 separate large groups of wild hogs were seen in the northern portion of n.h. anyone remember such a thread? or am i mis-remembering again?
I may have missed it but there is a small population in NH, they get collected on the regular

Get rid of it while you can, we have them here, they come in from the surrounding undeveloped area and can destroy a lawn in minutes, plus they are nasty animals.... you don't want to get one mad at you.

When they come in we hire hunters with dogs to go and get them

”escaped private property”. Huh,

hey that’s Porkey my pig (feral hog/pet) that ran away. Fûck him, it is mine and I authorize anyone can shoot it for escaping. Bad Porkey

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom