• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Felon screams "owie" when police dog turns him into a chew toy

The mayor needs to stand toe to toe with someone able and willing to do him lethal harm and ignoring commands to comply. I believe the officer should have shot him the first time his hand disappeared. I also think they took him out of the vehicle and away from the dog too soon.

When a police dog is involved in the interaction you best option is to lie down, get down, do exactly what the officer says. Dogs tend to act binary, bite or no bite. They don’t negotiate

This.

I wasn't busy one day at Ft Benning while waiting for travel orders, and they needed a tackling dummy for the MP K-9 training elsewhere on post. Soon I was decked out in burlap, downrange of a VERY well-trained Malinois. Even though I knew nothing bad could happen to me and the handlers had my back, I've never really felt that kind of fear.

During the safety briefing right before, the handler told me, "Best advice? The dog's going to take something. Better off giving him your least useful limb."

Which part of the academy do they teach you to scream, " I will f***ing kill you" over and over?

The same part where they teach them that the number one priority in any situation is always officer safety....IE: Themselves

When a police dog is involved in the interaction you best option is to lie down, get down, do exactly what the officer says. Dogs tend to act binary, bite or no bite. They don’t negotiate

While in a much different context, my golden retriever puppy can successfully negotiate treats from me. Damn puppies. :)

This.

I wasn't busy one day at Ft Benning while waiting for travel orders, and they needed a tackling dummy for the MP K-9 training elsewhere on post. Soon I was decked out in burlap, downrange of a VERY well-trained Malinois. Even though I knew nothing bad could happen to me and the handlers had my back, I've never really felt that kind of fear.

During the safety briefing right before, the handler told me, "Best advice? The dog's going to take something. Better off giving him your least useful limb."
After my (very brief!) stint in the USMC, I decided to go to college. In order to pay for it, I worked for a security firm that had a K9 unit. Being the new guy and the youngest (only 20), I was "asked" to "volunteer" to help out the instructors in the company's training division. Soon, I was in a full-bite canvas suit that strangely resembled a straitjacket, being attacked by one of the Dobermans (only breed we used). My other part-time job was deck ape on the Mobile Bay and offshore Gulf charter boats. I had to deal with sharks, not dogs. Glad those days are over!

The mayor needs to stand toe to toe with someone able and willing to do him lethal harm and ignoring commands to comply. I believe the officer should have shot him the first time his hand disappeared. I also think they took him out of the vehicle and away from the dog too soon.

Yup...if i were that cop, this dude would be room temperature in no time.

I'm really glad that wasn't the case though, because this video made my day. OWIEE!!!

Back
Top Bottom