Fellow shooter in a motorcycle accident.

FSTC

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
A range buddy of mine and his girlfriend were involved in a serious MC accident earlier today.

Lifeflight took them both to Umass.

He is a fellow shooter and all around good guy.

Last edited:

FSTC

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
From Boston.com

Around 5:30 p.m., State Police responded to the scene of a major crash in New Salem after a motorcycle collided head-on with a Volkswagon sedan on Route 202 near Fay Road in New Salem, according to State Police Trooper Frank Parillo.

The driver of the motorcycle was a 23-year-old man. His passenger was a 24-year-old female passenger,officials said.

The driver of the car was a 60-year-old man. Their names were not released.

All three were initially taken to Athol Memorial Hospital. They were then transported by MedFlight to UMass Memorial Medical Center in Worcester with serious injuries, police said.

Their condition is unknown at this time.

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
From Boston.com

Around 5:30 p.m., State Police responded to the scene of a major crash in New Salem after a motorcycle collided head-on with a Volkswagon sedan on Route 202 near Fay Road in New Salem, according to State Police Trooper Frank Parillo.

The driver of the motorcycle was a 23-year-old man. His passenger was a 24-year-old female passenger,officials said.

The driver of the car was a 60-year-old man. Their names were not released.

All three were initially taken to Athol Memorial Hospital. They were then transported by MedFlight to UMass Memorial Medical Center in Worcester with serious injuries, police said.

Their condition is unknown at this time.
I read the news alert about that off the pager.
It was one of several serious M/C accidents and MedFlight calls today.

[sad2]

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I read the news alert about that off the pager.
It was one of several serious M/C accidents and MedFlight calls today.

[sad2]
The good weather always brings out the bikes and the 100 year old yard sale queens. Not a good combo. I saw a few near accidents today just on the stretch or Rt 68 between Hubbardston and Gardner.

wahsben

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Best wishes to them that all turns out well and they have a full and speedy recovery from their injuries.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assuming this is the same accident, I heard about your friend's condition from a co-worker of mine who knows him.

Absolutely terrible. So sorry for your friend and his family. No one should have to go through that.

timbo

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
As a rider, I always hate to hear about these. Quick healing, physically and emotionally to these folks.

FSTC

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
UPDATE Just visited with him and his GF in the hospital. (They have adjoining rooms) The Families are emotionally strained to say the least. Both have a long road ahead.

Story goes is that she bought both of them matching high quality full face helmets for Christmas, Even with these and other gear their injuries are still pretty severe.

He has serious injuries consistent with blunt force trauma. The Dr says "anyone who tries to punch him in the face will break their hand" His dad says he will need a note to get through a metal detector.

The "unofficial" cause of the accident seems to be a distracted driver who had veered into his lane.
vw.jpg

M1911

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
That's just terrible.

A distracted driver almost hit me yesterday on my way home -- he was halfway across the yellow line before he corrected (probably was texting). I was in an SUV, but head-on at 35 mph would have still been ugly.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I rode that route Tuesday on the way to work from the GF`s in Westfield. 2 lane roads without guardrails are very dangerous. Unfortunately your at the mercy of the stupid ma**h*** cage drivers. RT.2 is especially dangerous on the undivided section.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE Just visited with him and his GF in the hospital. (They have adjoining rooms) The Families are emotionally strained to say the least. Both have a long road ahead.

Story goes is that she bought both of them matching high quality full face helmets for Christmas, Even with these and other gear their injuries are still pretty severe.

He has serious injuries consistent with blunt force trauma. The Dr says "anyone who tries to punch him in the face will break their hand" His dad says he will need a note to get through a metal detector.

The "unofficial" cause of the accident seems to be a distracted driver who had veered into his lane.
View attachment 21226
Have they charged this a$$hole?

SSW1911

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Umass is an excellent Level 1 Trauma Center, great place to be, to get the best outcome for both. Best wishes, they wil be in our prayers!!!

Top Bottom