Fellow bikers, I have a question.

allen-1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Mike Himmelsbach knows his stuff, no doubt, and definitely knows his way around a wrestling mat as well. Theres a guy in CT (near Sikorsky) that puts Mike to shame. Hes in the middle of restoring my 1980 Fox Shox now, Ill send some pics when theyre done
Aircraft parts look good on motorcycles. I lived in Niantic, New London, Groton and Waterford for years - and a lot of parts from General Dynamic Electric Boat made it onto motorcycles in the region. High quality hardware. [smile]

KMM696

NES Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Aircraft parts look good on motorcycles. I lived in Niantic, New London, Groton and Waterford for years - and a lot of parts from General Dynamic Electric Boat made it onto motorcycles in the region. High quality hardware. [smile]
There were a fair number of bikes on my guard base with parts painted ejection seat handle yellow. There aren't many yellow controls, they aren't that big and the paint only came in quarts. Really nice paint, too - once you opened it, there was a very short period you could store it, might as well get more practice painting m/c tanks.

bgoum

NES Member
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I just don't get the wave thing,
I drive a foreign bike that is the closest look to a Harley from the front, every ride I'll get the lower hand wave till the Harley rider notices and very speedily withdraws his hand in embarrassment, I get a good laugh.
I stopped the stupid wave years ago, and to all the "Harley"riders that wave by mistake, and then shake their head, screw you
I ride a Harley and personally I do not care what type of bike you are riding. I would wave to anyone. If you are on 2 wheels, you are a biker. Period.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I ride a Harley and personally I do not care what type of bike you are riding. I would wave to anyone. If you are on 2 wheels, you are a biker. Period.
Same. I've ridden the spectrum from a near shockless shovelhead to a shaft drive Vision and my current Italian racer. Anyone on two wheels gets a heads up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

swampy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Never ever wave. Why would I? Why should I? Do I know you? Where I ride there are thousands of bikes. It gets stupid fast! I own a bike, you own a bike. Big Gawd dam deal. We don't have to be wave buddies! I don't need new friends and I'm not impressed with the wave. What next, someone waving at me because I'm wearing the same colored shirt as them? Some meatball cop interpreting the wave as some sort of gang sign? Waving gets turned into some oddball gay pick up signal? Is it a new AntiFa or ISIS hand signal? OH HEY, I'm wearing eye glasses too...can you see me waving? Keep your hands on the bars and your eyes on the road! [grenade]

76Too

NES Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Been riding since the 60's. Got my first HD in '72. I've had at least 30 bikes.
I wave to anyone, even scooters, if it makes them feel good to wave at me.
It's about bikes, not how cool you are.
If a wave is going to distract me from a traffic situation, then sorry, I'm busy, no wave.
Just have fun, be safe, and don't sweat the snobs.
very much this.

Boris

Son of Kalashnikov
NES Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
It's nice to wave when you've been riding all day on some desolate stretch or in really shitty or cold weather and seeing another miserable son of a bitch on two wheels. In heavy traffic or a bike shitshow it's unnecessary distraction.
In terms of meeting strange men at gas station, another biker is likely more helpful with directions on good roads with enough gas stations in between. I met a lot of people this way. It's not gay.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Terrys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My philosophy: it's not impolite to not wave, but it is impolite not to wave back. No wave at all if I need both hands.

Fixxah

NES Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
It all started with using hand signals to turn and some jughead continued the idiocy, now it is a way of life. Jeep creeps do it too.

jhblaze1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It all started with using hand signals to turn and some jughead continued the idiocy, now it is a way of life. Jeep creeps do it too.
I have a bike and a Jeep. I can't go a half mile down the road without some knucklehead waving at me and I feel like a dick if I don't wave back. It's so stupid.

trinorbsa

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wave at any motorcycle in the early spring or late fall, that's when the other riders don't realize it's to cold to ride and they deserve a wave just for being out on a bike. Between those time times there are to many motorcycles out, gets to be dangerous riding one handed while the other hand waves.
Just saying.

Top Bottom