Feelings on H&K 45C

I carry one with the lite LEM trigger[smile]. Still getting used to it ,bigger than I am used to. Love the mag release. I like it enough that a p2000 is next on the list.

A little bigger than most compacts, had a match trigger installed and some work done to it and it is my go to gun. The trigger rivals 1911s that is 3x the price.

For me, nothing mediocre about it.

Last edited:
I love mine. More accurate than I am, pretty easy to carry, runs like a champ.

I think it depends on what you are looking for and what your expectations are.

I wanted a carryable 45 with flexible capacity, need accuracy and reliability. Hk nailed it for me.

If you have a chance there's a great article about the design of the Hk45 and the hk45c, and how the 45c was the only one they kept true to the original design.

http://pistol-training.com/articles/hk45-interview-with-ken-hackathorn-and-larry-vickers

- - - Updated - - -

Mediocre gun. Still in the safe, never really clicked with it.

Out of curiosity, mediocre in what way?

You could do more concealable that's for sure. But you can read why I won't touch an hk da/sa above. The triggers are crap. Don't wanna spend the money then spend more to upgrade them.

I love mine. More accurate than I am, pretty easy to carry, runs like a champ.

I think it depends on what you are looking for and what your expectations are.

I wanted a carryable 45 with flexible capacity, need accuracy and reliability. Hk nailed it for me.

If you have a chance there's a great article about the design of the Hk45 and the hk45c, and how the 45c was the only one they kept true to the original design.

http://pistol-training.com/articles/hk45-interview-with-ken-hackathorn-and-larry-vickers

- - - Updated - - -

Out of curiosity, mediocre in what way?

Poor trigger. I don't care who did the trigger job, it's not coming close to a 1911.

Meh capacity - 8+1. The extended mags are huge for the extra two rounds.

Meh practical accuracy. I shoot it fine benched. If I had more trigger time behind it I might feel differently, but there are other guns I've picked up and done better with out of the box.

Meh sights (although I have a CT w Trijicons which are OK).

Practically speaking a Glock 30 is probably as good or better if you want a reliable plastic 45 to carry, and certainly a better value.

Its an accurate gun and I don't have any issue carrying it, but for the price I agree the trigger is pretty rough even in SA.

I had one a while and didn't love it. Didn't hate it but didn't love it. It's not terribly compact more just less huge relative to the full size. Ran like a champ though. If it suits your eye and hand I'm sure it's something you could like a lot.

I haven't warmed up to the grip which is too slick for a fairly heavy gun, it feels nose heavy, especially unloaded. Seems designed for Navy Seals wearing gloves.

I got for $730 + tax back when HK had $200 rebates. Not sure I'd pay $1000 for it.

For the price there are better plastic 45's as mentioned. Nice gun, but about $400 higher than it should be. H&K realized they needed a more mass market gun, hence the success of the VP series. I'd wait and see if a VP45 or VP45c eventually comes to market.

I haven't warmed up to the grip which is too slick for a fairly heavy gun, it feels nose heavy, especially unloaded. Seems designed for Navy Seals wearing gloves.

I've never been able to get comfortable with the grip layout or texture either. Between my 45c and my USPc 45 I prefer the USPc, though most seem to disagree.

For the price there are better plastic 45's as mentioned. Nice gun, but about $400 higher than it should be. H&K realized they needed a more mass market gun, hence the success of the VP series. I'd wait and see if a VP45 or VP45c eventually comes to market.

I think that's why they had $200 rebates - clear the shelves of pricey HKs to make room for lower cost models.

I've never been able to get comfortable with the grip layout or texture either. Between my 45c and my USPc 45 I prefer the USPc, though most seem to disagree.

I prefer my USP Compact 9 as well. I also prefer the full size HK45, that would make a nice "stick down your pants" SHTF gun.

I went to buy the HK45c when they had the $200 rebate. Didn't point well for me at all. Picked up the P30s next to it which pointed very well. Ended up with that. Have since picked up an HK45 tactical with LEM trigger. That is by far one of my favorite guns (way to big for concealed carry). Personally I think the 45c is also too big for comfortable concealed carry (at least IWB) and agree with others who have suggested going with a G30, or G30S.

I went to buy the HK45c when they had the $200 rebate. Didn't point well for me at all. Picked up the P30s next to it which pointed very well. Ended up with that. Have since picked up an HK45 tactical with LEM trigger. That is by far one of my favorite guns (way to big for concealed carry). Personally I think the 45c is also too big for comfortable concealed carry (at least IWB) and agree with others who have suggested going with a G30, or G30S.

I love the P30 too, but don't like the decocker placement - it just feels like a bad idea to use your thumb up behind the slide to decock the weapon. I like how Sig (or USP/HK models) do it where you can maintain your proper grip and use your left hand to decock.

I'd like to see an updated USP Compact 9mm, or even better would be a single stack competitor to Glock 43 (not gonna happen though).

VP 9 is pretty sweet if you are a big guy. HK has nothing to offer in terms of carry weapon. it's a battle weapon design.

the HK45c feels like it was meant to be run suppressed to cut minimize the OAL. in absence of threaded w can, i can't see the point to the 45C when the full size HK45 exists for same cost. I had a 45C briefly, but couldn't get comfortable with it so sold it. honestly for like half the cost I would take an M&P 45C any day of week.

the HK45c feels like it was meant to be run suppressed to cut minimize the OAL. in absence of threaded w can, i can't see the point to the 45C when the full size HK45 exists for same cost. I had a 45C briefly, but couldn't get comfortable with it so sold it. honestly for like half the cost I would take an M&P 45C any day of week.

We'll, thats what the SEALs use it for. There's a thread on M4C with a SEAL posting about the switch to the G19. He mentions that they will continue to use the HK45c for suppressed work.

I like the HK45c, it's not the best value out there for a compact 45, but the quality is second to none.

I remember I asked to see the 45c and the dealer handed me an M&P45c. :) they're quite similar actually, but the 45c was a killer deal when they had $200 rebates.

Back
Top Bottom