Feeling Anti-fudd

warwickben

bubba Kalashnikov
Ive found myself going anti-fudd lately, I find the way this word has become nothing but a marketing buzzword, sickening. I cant help but laugh at all these guy online with gear that looks like the plaid monster threw up on it, paying thousands of dollars for classes run by guys that have to turn there nose up when they crack there 5k$ side by side open. Looking around with this look like yeah you wish you could afford this shotgun. I cant take it anymore, I will be carrying my tactical folding knife and hk mk23 in my drop leg holster with my $50 multicam hat.

Has anyone else been feeling like this?

Im on this train for sure. I can't stand bolt action hunting rifles or bird guns, to me all they are is a great source of Kindling for a fire, and what about all those trees that were killed making the furniture, just awful.

I'm feeling very Anti-Fudd and very much like a Tactical Operator, all i need now is to take a Chris Costa class and grow my tactical beard, and i'll be well on my way.

theres FUDD and Tactical somewhere in between is the group who cant afford to be either.

I was very anti fudd yesterday as my daughter unleased the AR22lr on the steel @ 100 yards and dinged the sheeet out of it!

Love that Urban Dictionary link for fudd. Also 'Zumbo'... [rofl]

Ben, as you know I'm quite a bit older than you are and probably close to the typical fudd age. I can't stand fudds, and therefore fit in better with the younger crowd at my mostly fudd club. Thankfully our range chairman & key people for the range are great and just like guns in general and always appreciate good shooting. I've had some fantastic help from one of these guys to improve my shooting and reloading skills and others bust my balls in good fun.

However, there are some a-holes who think AR's are an abomination. Seriously, just the sight of an AR seems to get them pissed off. So I won the heavy class and overall at our last benchrest with a slightly modded Windham VEX AR. I was told there was discussion that the club was considering a rule that the next match would be restricted to over 22 cal (e.g. .223 / 5.56 no go) but that was dropped. Maybe it was just to prevent 22LR from entering, but perhaps as usual the AR pissed someone off. At the last match I did hear someone grousing that .223 was not 'big bore' and wasn't the match supposed to be big bore only. RSO said can it, the restriction is for centerfire only & there are .223 bolt guns present.

At the next match I'm only shooting my fudd rifle but maybe I should dress like a mall ninja. I'm going to have one of my boys or maybe a newbie club member shoot the AR & see how well I can help them to shoot tight groups. Even if nobody shoots the AR, it will be there in plain view.
[smile]

Lol I do this with my rifle at the car shoots...... I just find I get tired of holding it etc waiting in line .

Me too. Rifle is not loaded, no mag, chamber flag... I rest it on my foot and people get pissed.

I hope those people never check the rifling before buying a gun, who would be stupid enough to triple check an unloaded gun and then point it at his/her face.

[smile]

Last edited:
Love that Urban Dictionary link for fudd. Also 'Zumbo'... [rofl]

Ben, as you know I'm quite a bit older than you are and probably close to the typical fudd age. I can't stand fudds, and therefore fit in better with the younger crowd at my mostly fudd club. Thankfully our range chairman & key people for the range are great and just like guns in general and always appreciate good shooting. I've had some fantastic help from one of these guys to improve my shooting and reloading skills and others bust my balls in good fun.

However, there are some a-holes who think AR's are an abomination. Seriously, just the sight of an AR seems to get them pissed off. So I won the heavy class and overall at our last benchrest with a slightly modded Windham VEX AR. I was told there was discussion that the club was considering a rule that the next match would be restricted to over 22 cal (e.g. .223 / 5.56 no go) but that was dropped. Maybe it was just to prevent 22LR from entering, but perhaps as usual the AR pissed someone off. At the last match I did hear someone grousing that .223 was not 'big bore' and wasn't the match supposed to be big bore only. RSO said can it, the restriction is for centerfire only & there are .223 bolt guns present.

At the next match I'm only shooting my fudd rifle but maybe I should dress like a mall ninja. I'm going to have one of my boys or maybe a newbie club member shoot the AR & see how well I can help them to shoot tight groups. Even if nobody shoots the AR, it will be there in plain view.
[smile]

US bench rules are very "open" to me. Seems the only center fire restriction is in the varmint class... no larger than .244 ? all others looks like .50 and less ? heck even says you can use a pistol......stickler is "match director" can play his personal head trip game with the rules. I always stand by rules must be posted if they are not 100% to the current rulebook.

US bench rules are very "open" to me. Seems the only center fire restriction is in the varmint class... no larger than .244 ? all others looks like .50 and less ? heck even says you can use a pistol......stickler is "match director" can play his personal head trip game with the rules. I always stand by rules must be posted if they are not 100% to the current rulebook.

The guys that are match directors for my club are great, so no worries so long as they are involved. When they want to move on, it will probably be another good guy or myself. There are some who would be a nightmare if they controlled the range. Rules for paper targets only are overdone as it is, thanks to FUDDS.

I need something in .338 Lapua with a big muzzle brake that sends shockwaves sideways. Only for when fudds are shooting. It's pretty damn irritating to hear someone say 'there's no good reason to have high capacity mags' at a club meeting. Maybe a single shot 50 BMG would be preferable?

Last edited:
The guys that are match directors for my club are great, so no worries so long as they are involved. When they want to move on, it will probably be another good guy or myself. There are some who would be a nightmare if they controlled the range. Rules for paper targets only are overdone as it is, thanks to FUDDS.

I need something in .338 Lapua with a big muzzle brake that sends shockwaves sideways. Only for when fudds are shooting. It's pretty damn irritating to hear someone say 'there's no good reason to have high capacity mags' at a club meeting. Maybe a single shot 50 BMG would be preferable?

You can get a mosin reciver and bolt for 'around 100.
Minor bolt face mods and you can shoot 338 lupa. I've been thinking of doing it for some time.

Ugghh..... paper only, steel ok if mounted 30" off the ground. No steel, no targets on the ground, bulls,eye paper targets only......my club is all over the place with "target rules". Took my daughter yesterday and fudd said no steel targets for kids...... I laughed out load and said show me that rule in writing! He got pissy....said don't you know who I am.(club range officer)Said yes and you can't follow written rules, where's your badge!(club rule is membership badge must be visable at all times) Ohh boy that got him flustered. I told him call the club president and get him down here I have a issue....he went back to scrounging for brass......

The latest is now I guess no more clay targets on the berm. When I was confronted by this I asked where is that posted? Our own club manual specifically states any and all rule changes need to be published in the club manual or in plain view on club property......... so I keep shooting clays.

Last edited:
Ugghh..... paper only, steel ok if mounted 30" off the ground. No steel, no targets on the ground, bulls,eye paper targets only......my club is all over the place with "target rules". Took my daughter yesterday and fudd said no steel targets for kids...... I laughed out load and said show me that rule in writing! He got pissy....said don't you know who I am.(club range officer)Said yes and you can't follow written rules, where's your badge!(club rule is membership badge must be visable at all times) Ohh boy that got him flustered. I told him call the club president and get him down here I have a issue....he went back to scrounging for brass......

The latest is now I guess no more clay targets on the berm. When I was confronted by this I asked where is that posted? Our own club manual specifically states any and all rule changes need to be published in the club manual or in plain view on club property......... so I keep shooting clays.

Which club?

If I go trap shooting with a tactical to the max AR have I crossed streams and become Fudical?!

Problem is that I never said i didn't think people should own AR s or other modern arms. I believe in zero gun laws really, which would make me not a fudd lol

Sent from my C6522N using Tapatalk

Last edited:
At the next match I'm only shooting my fudd rifle but maybe I should dress like a mall ninja. I'm going to have one of my boys or maybe a newbie club member shoot the AR & see how well I can help them to shoot tight groups. Even if nobody shoots the AR, it will be there in plain view. [smile]

Please do that. PLEASE. [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom