• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Feeler Thread Fully Processed 1X Fired LC 556 Brass

This is a feeler thread to see if their is any actual interest in Fully Processed 1X Fired LC 556 Brass. LC Only, not mixed.

Polished, De-primed, Swaged, Resized, Trimmed.

1000 + 10 - $115 Delivered

Shoulder -0.002 to -0.003 below SAAMI

Trim +/- .003 of 1.750

Less time would be spent checking the brass with the cost reduction, some minor dents could be present which would reform during firing, therefore an extra 10.

If their is enough interest I could also do custom shoulder, trim length, Flared Case Mouth

If you would be potentially interested, please post up. Thanks

20170722_100034.jpg

Last edited:
I'm just tossing this out there.
You might just be better off offering
Polished deprimed 1x brass. Saves you work and you could bring the price down a bit.
I only say this because I bought 1x sized brass from a large vendor....let's just say I had to resize them. They did offer to charge me for their cleaned under processed brass price when I called.
Now this was supposed to be NATO brass pulled down by a large commercial opperation. Their pulled bullets where ruff also.

I'm just tossing this out there.
You might just be better off offering
Polished deprimed 1x brass. Saves you work and you could bring the price down a bit.
I only say this because I bought 1x sized brass from a large vendor....let's just say I had to resize them. They did offer to charge me for their cleaned under processed brass price when I called.
Now this was supposed to be NATO brass pulled down by a large commercial opperation. Their pulled bullets where ruff also.

Thanks for feed back, others selling mis-sized brass definitely doesn't help my idea. I was looking to fill a niche that didn't seem to exist very widely, I processed alot of brass recently for my own use, was looking to automate my method, which provided consistent results, thought I may be able to share.

Unfortunately I don't get brass direct from the military auctions, so for me to offer any other options as you propose, other vendors can do it for alot less as it doesn't have to get shipped via usps twice and I have to buy bulk from them.

I was able to reduce the above cost for one last feeler.

Thanks for feed back, others selling mis-sized brass definitely doesn't help my idea. I was looking to fill a niche that didn't seem to exist very widely, I processed alot of brass recently for my own use, was looking to automate my method, which provided consistent results, thought I may be able to share.

Unfortunately I don't get brass direct from the military auctions, so for me to offer any other options as you propose, other vendors can do it for alot less as it doesn't have to get shipped via usps twice and I have to buy bulk from them.

I was able to reduce the above cost for one last feeler.

your prices are good for al the work you do IMHO. Maybe offer to do peoples own brass also ? I know there has to be buyers for this service. I think many are hestitant that the "resize" wont be "correct" for them. If that makes sense. I just think buyers of brass would be more apt to just buy polished deprimed brass that's all. If I was shooting as much as I was 5 years ago I would buy more pre prepped brass for sure.

I also haven't been shooting that much but might be in the market for a few K as I'm also getting very lazy. What kind of guarantee would there be that they are sized properly? Are you set-up already or looking into it?

I also haven't been shooting that much but might be in the market for a few K as I'm also getting very lazy. What kind of guarantee would there be that they are sized properly? Are you set-up already or looking into it?

Yes I'm,getting lazy also.

Thanks for the feedback on this thread. I'm going to let this idea die out.

If you already have brass all prepared and have it to sell you can post it for sale and see if it sells. Then rethink your entry into the brass reprocessing.

Back
Top Bottom