• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Feel like I forgot to do something today!

<snip>

Police aren't saying how the incident unfolded, but sources told KING 5 News what likely happened: one officer, identified as Officer William Collins, was loading or unloading the car in the secured area of the West Precinct and placed the rifle on the trunk of a squad car next to it before walking away. Then, a second officer, identified as Lt. Deanna Nolette, got in that car and drove to the Roosevelt Hotel. She parked the car, still unaware of the rifle on top of the trunk. Witnesses saw her at a nearby Starbucks.

<snip>

Ummm, in a hurry for a donut?

Wow...dumb cops, but cudos to the citizens of Seattle. If it were Detroit you can bet your ass the rifle would now be the property of a gang banger.

I have to say, I find it refreshing that the officers' names were actually released and the statement from SPD is "It is unacceptable that a rifle was left unattended on a patrol car and people should expect more from their police department."

at least the magazine is inserted facing the right way

backwards-magazine-polc6pp.jpg

Im starting a business. for the small sum of $5,000 per cruiser I will put velcro on the trunk of the car, and a corresponding piece on all of the departments weapons. This way when they leave them on the trunk it will at least stay there when they drive away. I'll make MILLIONS[rofl]

The only reason that assault weapon didn't go on a killing spree is that it had a class III malfunction and it didn't know how to clear itself; it shouldn't even be allowed to be a rifle.

Back
Top Bottom