Feel good customer service

quinnjalan

NES Member
In these interesting times its good to share a feel good customer service story. Mine started this am at 7:45 when I emailed Staccato (STI) through their web site on an issue I'm having with some aftermarket mags. Since I live here in Commichusetts I bought the gun with no mags after they said MBX 10 round mags would work. Turns out they kinda do, but not as well as they work in my open gun which has an STI grip....so one would think they should. Anyhow, my email went in at 7:45. At 7:46 I got the "we see you emailed and a human will get back to you in a bit". At 8:10 I got an email saying "we are going to send you a mag to try" and while later I got another with a tracking #. So, that's what I call above and beyond customer service....what's yours and it can be gun related or not.

Last edited:
Charles Tyrwhitt shirts. Package got lost by USPS. They reshipped without even being asked. Said to send back the second package if it showed up.

I've said it before here on the forum somewhere, sometime but I will praise them any chanceI can: Crossbreed holsters. I purchased a used gun that came with a crossbreed holster. It was actually one of the selling pints of the gun, because it was the exact holster I would gave gotten for the gun, so I saw value in the package. I get the gun, and come to find out the holster is left handed. Im right handed. I reached out to Crossbreed and explained that I purchased a used item and the whole situation and asked if there was a way for me to get just a right handed kydex part and I would attach it to the left handed leather, just looking to save some $ on the leather I already had. He asked me to send the used holster and he sent me a brand new right handed one. I think I have gotten 6 or 7 crossbreeds after this.

Hell, Lowe's impressed me today. I got a pair of batteries for my cordless drill from Santa. Nice Craftsman batteries. That don't work on my DeWalt. [sad]

Kid at the return desk said the System required a receipt, even for an exchange/store credit, which, as it's a gift, I didn't have. Nice Manager lady came over, the System told her the same thing. She said, "Go find the batteries you need." I brought them up and she said, "You're all set. Thanks for your business."

I like it when a stupid policy is waived in the name of customer service.

Mapfre Insurance.
I made a mistake when filling out my check for my auto insurance which resulted in losing my paid in full in discount of $162.

Called them Thursday late afternoon got right thru and explained My Error and asked for assistance. CS Rep was very helpful and asked me to send a photo of cancelled check with explanation. ( I put the correct $$$$ but when I wrote it out a mistake was made.)

Received an email back in the AM asking when a good time to call me was. Set a time and recived the call right on time. Said if I wanted to provide a CC or Debit card for the rest of the payment I would get the discount back.

Done Deal and it was a painless ordeal to correct my mistake.

NES is like my second dysfunctional family, just bigger! I know we have a few more feel good stories on hand......let's go everyone.
Watch it with that -
you may discover that NES becomes your Number One dysfunctional family,
and your real dysfunctional family falls back to second place.

Because NES delivers!

Aimpoint
Bought a Compm4s and had it for at least 8 years.

Kept the red dot on all of the time, because I can. Replaced the battery (AA) maybe 5 or so times.

Came out of the safe to go shoot it and no red dot. Tried to get the battery out, but I suspect that the battery had swelled (duracell batteries aren't what they used to be).
I was unable to get the cap off and didn't want to destroy it in the process.

Returned it to Aimpoint and was willing to pay to have it repaired.

They returned it fixed with no charge...bravo.

Tax collector, right?

My bank mailed a check for my property taxes on my camper in Connecticut to the town it's located in back in December. I called the tax collector's office because I could see that the check hadn't been cashed. Lady I talked to looked up my taxes, and agreed that my taxes were due. She told me that the mail had been horrible up there lately; she told me that her husband had just ordered parts to repair a clock from Pennsylvania and they took six weeks to get there. She said that she was not imposing penalties on anyone whose payment was late because they'd had so much trouble with the mail - and she was keeping a list of people who'd called her.

She called me back the next day, my check had arrived in that morning's mail.

Small towns are small towns, even in the northeast.

Blackhawk. I have a single spare magazine pouch. I broke the belt clip and asked them about purchasing a replacement clip as it is removable. They send me one for free. Six months later it happens again. Another one shows up for free. A year goes by and I break another one. This time three replacements show up at no charge.

Chewy! I told this story on the 'I hate FedEx' thread, but here it goes again.

Twice this happened! I placed an order for food and treats with Chewy. Very explicit address on file. FedEx delivers it to my next door neighbor (who is a lunatic) twice they did this. And the lunatic neighbor drags it in and keeps it until I go over looking for it. Each time I came home and found an email from Chewy that my package had been delivered. Yeah but not to me. So I call and tell them I don't have it and they credit me the total cost. Then each time I got my package from the neighbor (ick!), I called Chewy and told them what happened and they should go ahead and charge me - but each time they refused.

Now I don't order from them because I like them and I don't want to get their stuff free, and I don't want to deal with my neighbor. But Chewy is great.

Lenovo helped me out bigly this weekend. Had a client with a 9x5 next business day warranty on their server.

Note: This was a paperwork mistake, their other servers had 24x7 4 hour response.

It fried a raid card and 2 drives, and by the time we got there to triage and got the call logged, it was after 5pm (5:07pm). This means it wasn't going to get parts dispatched until Tuesday with MLK Day Monday.

They elevated it to the national duty manager, he authorized dispatch, and I had a RAID card and a drive in 4 hours, and got the restore started.

They couriered the second drive from Albany and dropped it to my house to finish the job last night

bought an apple Imac for my wife one Christmas. Set it up with on a small cardboard box As the counter was too low. Couple weeks later hear a crash in the kitchen, box had collapsed and the screen was smashed because it hit the granite countertop. Took it back to the apple store clerk says ”What happened to that?” I explained what happened and he said give me a minute. He went in the back, came back out and said “normally we don’t cover physical damage under the warranty, but you just bought that here we will take care of it.” Fixed it at no charge

Bloomingdales of all freaking places. Went there last Xmas looking for this specific coffee machine that was flying off the shelves. Couldn’t find it anywhere. Their inventory said a few in stock. I raced over and saw nothing on the shelf. I was pissed. Then the sales guy (who looked exactly like Chuck Shumer) walked over and asked if he could help. I wanted to punch him for obvious reasons but I asked about the machine. He said hold on a minute. He went out back and when he returned he was covered in dust but was holding the last one in stock. While ringing up the sale he asked if I was a Bloomingdales friends and family member. I looked at him with my crazy face and said do I look like I am. He laughed and said I’ll put you in anyway. Saved me almost 50 bucks

I ordered a set of replacement decals for my Caterpillar skid steer from a site called Ace Decals. They shipped the day I ordered them and arrived at Fed-Ex’s Memphis hub 2 days later. It sat in Memphis for 20 days. I emailed and asked if this was a common hold, or another Covid related delay. They said it was unusual and sent another set that day. From Australia. I received them a few days later, and the replacement set a week after that. I asked them to charge me for the second set, as I didn’t want them to take the loss, especially after their quick, no questions asked response. He sent me a 50% off code for the second set, and said that would cover materials and shipping.

Back
Top Bottom