• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Feel free to record Boston police officers in public

No, I mean webcams in each and every room in the police department, for the public to view and monitor their activities.

Time to turn this ship around.

I'm all for a reasonable degree of oversight, but that's going full retard. Tell ya what, you put the camera in the locker room and I'll wave to all the viewers at home when I get out of the shower.

You did say each and EVERY room. I also hope you're cool with paying all that loot to install and wire them all.

Last edited:
Tell ya what, you put the camera in the locker room and I'll wave to all the viewers at home when I get out of the shower..

Yup........ Why don't we do live web feeds from the interview rooms so everyone knows who is being interviewed and what they are saying about every investigation. Have everyone see and hear the interviews of rape victims and child sexual assault victims. Let's let everyone see our informants..... Yeah I see merit in this... [rolleyes]

From the article: 'Even though Boston has learned an expensive lesson in constitutional law..."
Sure expensive lesson that we paid for. How do I get my portion of my $170K back plus all my money they used to defend themselves?
If I made a $170k F-up at my job, I sure as heck would be fired or paying it back. Am I going to see that happen here? I am holding my breath.
How do we get some accountability?

Citizens 170k
Bullies with Badges 0

One battle down... They're still winning the war though....

Sent from a tiny touch screen keyboard...

$170k is chump change. BPD recently paid out $1.4M to a Middlesex corrections officer who was left brain damaged by a BPD member. And this was the second time the BPD had paid out for the misdeeds of that officer. story. They've also got a $1M suit pending that could cost as well.

They've also changed their tune and turned on one of their own officers in one of these video-is-wiretapping episodes (perhaps this one, too busy to check). They backed up the wiretapping charges and then changed their tune and disciplined the officer(s).

What's important to note is that the BPD has been very clear: while it may be legal to record officers doing their duty, it is still illegal to 'interfere' with the police in the course of executing their duty. See where we're going with this?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom