• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Feedback / Advise Needed on P229 ( Thanks )

Hi All, I bought my P229 / .40 brand ew from a dealer in 2012. I noticed the front is an 8 and rear is an 8. I called Sig tonight and gave them my serial number and was told the gun was shipped 6 front / 8 Rear. I never touched the sites at all and now have confirmation on my low shooting. I really just started shooting the gun and really want to start shooting it more. I wish I new this when I bought the gun, as I would of addressed it then.

So, do you think the dealer ( Four Seasons in MA ) changed them out at one time or not shipped/labeled correct from SIG? I did hear that SIG did send out some in error, but I cant find that info.

Thanks,
Bubba

I have an older 226 I bought quite a few years ago that shoots low and I know I have to change out the sights. I've just never gotten around to it.

In my case it was a sock drawer piece and I'm rather sure that it came that way.

was it a factory new P229 from FS? if so i find it highly unlikely that FS would have messed with the sights, in fact pretty much impossible. as stated above, they sell so many sigs it's ridiculous. if it's got the wrong sights that's probably on Sig, but i've heard their CS sucks in general (i've never had to use it).

Sig should send you the correct sights, or perhaps this is sign that it's time to upgrade the sights all together?

Only my opinion, but I think it's more likely that the gun shipped that way from Sig. FS moves a lot of Sigs and I can't think of why they would want to swap a front sight on a new gun.

I tend to agree with you. I just don't know how to argue this with SIG. Also, does the P229 usually shoot low?

Back
Top Bottom