feed problems

i just bought a ruger p345 at bass pro shops. went to the range with 100 rds of 230gr practice ammo and noticed that the last bullet in each mag (2) would not feed and caused the gun to jam. any ideas as to whats going on with this? it holds 8 rds in the mag and 1 in the chamber. if i put only 7 rds in the mag it feeds fine. i've cleaned the gun prior to using it and during using it.

i just bought a ruger p345 at bass pro shops. went to the range with 100 rds of 230gr practice ammo and noticed that the last bullet in each mag (2) would not feed and caused the gun to jam. any ideas as to whats going on with this? it holds 8 rds in the mag and 1 in the chamber. if i put only 7 rds in the mag it feeds fine. i've cleaned the gun prior to using it and during using it.

The last round or follower maybe hitting the slide release. More info is needed

are they factory ammo or reloads. if they are reloads they might be a bit long. i am not sure of this but i had that happen with the first round in the magazine after being loaded and unloaded a few times the bullet was a hair to long and it caused the magazine not to release fully. i know that this is not your problem. i havent had that or any problem with feeding on my p345 (fingers crossed now that i said that) lol.

the P345 is a tank / tack driver... my bet is the ammo for now....

did it do it with both mags?

Malfunction by the slide running over the last round? Typically this is from a weak mag spring as the round doesnt "pop up" as fast as it should when the slide if fully back during the recoil cycle. More rounds puts more tension on the spring so typically begins with the last round.

If the round is going nose up or nose down that is another issue.

Have you disassembled the magazines? I'm not familiar with this pistol in particular, but I know that with Glocks/S&W's if the mag spring is put in backwards the higher part of the top coil pushes up on the rear of the follower, not the front, which can cause feed issues. There could also be some kind of grit getting in the way of the follower, or a deformity in the mags/followers themselves. Has there been any magazine related recalls on those pistols?

There are guns that take 300-500 hundred rounds before they start running well.

That's my thought too, although I've never heard of a break in period type of issue like this before.

here are some pics of the ftf. this is just 1 bullet in mag.it almost looks like its getting stuck on the ejector.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 12
i called ruger about the problem and they sent me an email with a pre paid return label ups next day air to have the gun sent to them for evaluation/repair. they said it sounds like a defective ejector. hope it comes home soon. i'll keep you all updated on the problem/repair. thanks again for all the input people.

Back
Top Bottom