• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FEDS setting traps on facebook now?

Atlantis

NES Member
Saw this on my facebook feed today. I wonder if its a targeted program meant to trap me because I'm on some list? Or if this is really a vendor trying to pawn these off and getting through facebooks screening process.

Attachments

• Not_A_TRAP.jpg
    Not_A_TRAP.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 46
Saw this on my facebook feed today. I wonder if its a targeted program meant to trap me because I'm on some list? Or if this is really a vendor trying to pawn these off and getting through facebooks screening process.

Save your money, monocore silencers suck. Lousy FRP and generally shitty suppression. I see that ad on Instagram too, it may be a honey pot but I have my doubts.

Doesnt look like a very effective fuel filter........filtration appears to be rated down to about .308

if you post photos and videos of yourself doing illegal crap on FB or any other social media....well you get what you deserve.

If you buy illegal items on FB and get caught then the same...

It is no secret law enforcement trolls social media to catch people ratting on themselves in photos and videos.

So if you know this and do it and get caught you kind of deserve it.

Last edited:
Dooxi.com. Web site launched a few weeks ago, DNS in Scottsdale, Arizona, Registrar: GO AUSTRALIA DOMAINS, LLC.

The home page has several complete "oil filter" kits. No other parts are required.

I would say this is 99% law enforcement entrapment for the low wattage firearms owner. Either that or a China-direct type of operation for morans.

Went to a NH Gun Show last year and a guy had a table set up with a ton of those things. Didn't say "silencer" on it, but it's what he was referring to when asked.

I looked at a few of these on line. As I was getting bombed with the ads.

assuming it’s the same type of thing as the others. you would have to put in enough work to make this “functional“. such that I would feel ok ordering “for educational purposes only” and not worry about getting jammed up on constructive possession or owning an unregistered anything.

nothing wrong with buying those, just get a stamp. build your own kits are pretty popular in free america

Yup, this. The kits are everywhere, and with a $200 tax stamp it's perfectly legal in the eyes of the feds to drill them out and have a functional suppressor. The fact that they're illegal for the peons here in MA is irrelevant to most of the rest of the country.

I'm a pretty ashamed that I made this thread now. Apparently living in MA has gotten to my head to the point where I forget that freedom is sort of "normal" in much of the rest of the country. I'm so massparanoid that this jumped out at me and I never even considered that it was reasonable to buy this and build it out legally.

Yup, this. The kits are everywhere, and with a $200 tax stamp it's perfectly legal in the eyes of the feds to drill them out and have a functional suppressor. The fact that they're illegal for the peons here in MA is irrelevant to most of the rest of the country.

Yes and no, these are predrilled and threaded, you could install that out of the box. It’s on the hairy edge of legal even in a free state. You can’t buy a complete “fuel filter” from a legit Form 1 company like JK or DM.

The thing is if you searched it one time on the internet. They’ve got you. Not the feds. The internet It will show up all over any browser you use.

It is probably a honey pot. Just posession without a tax stamp is a felony IIRC. Someone more versed in legalities will probably correct that soon if wrong, and my response will be a warning to others

I'd be much too paranoid to order one unless I knew a good anonymous way, but the known legit companies people use aren't much different.

Now there was that MC president who got caught up in MA during a sting where he had "airsoft silencers" shipped in direct from China, the reason for the warrant - not sure if they got him on it but the Felon in possession part for the actual guns they found probably did stick. How they knew is the real question.

A very grey area. My logical mind says given all the adds and lack of press, continued advertising, they are shipping them and nobody is getting a knock on the door. As stated you can build your own.

how can they trap you? you wanted a fuel filter, saw the ad for one and bought it. pretty innocent. other uses, i know nothing!

Back
Top Bottom