• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Federal Tactical HST Ammo, for LE only??

What about Hornaday and Black Hills ? Might as well put those two manufacturers on your boycott list as well.They both have 5.56 loads not sold to the public.
Neither of them threatens to cut off dealers and distributors that do sell their LE/mil loads to the general public, like Federal does.

Also put Lake City on your boycott list,since they do not sell to civilians..
Lake City is a government arsenal. Your comment makes no sense at all.

Since Federal is owned by ATK,you might just go on ahead and boycott every ammo manufacturer ATK owns,which is quite a few.
Speer, which is part of ATK, does not load different bullets in its regular Gold Dot self defense loads compared to its Gold Dot LE loads. AFAIK, the only difference is the quantity per box (20 for Gold Dot Personal Protection and 50 for Gold Dot LE). So I can get the same exact load.

OTOH, there is a significant performance difference between Federal Hydra-Shok and Federal HST.

OTOH, there is a significant performance difference between Federal Hydra-Shok and Federal HST.

Yeah, lots of tests show that Hydra-Shok often behaves like FMJ when it strikes a target that is clothed. HST just plain rocks.

Why would they want to throw away all this buisness? Eventually someone else is gonna offer a decent JHP in boxes of 50 for the price of the competitions boxes of 20. Like when those 250 round boxes of Gold Dot were selling cheap. That was awesome. I'm just gonna keep the few boxes I have left of HST in 9mm and .45 for carry and HD and put more practice ammo down range instead of HST until I find similar deals.

Though, if HST starts selling in 20round boxes I will try them if they come in 357Sig because I haven't seen them yet. But I won't be buying them in 9mm, 40, .45 in 20 round boxes if the price is jacked up.

I just bought a box of 50 9x19 147 grain Winchester Ranger Bonded LE ammo at the local fun store for $25. And there's a hell of a lot more of that where it came from.

Win Ranger is excellent ammo (with the exception of the .40 S+W 155? grain crap that has a QXXXX part number instead of the stuff loaded with the ranger-T bullet that was selling everywhere for $17 for $50 for the longest time... That was really win SXT garbage rebadged as ranger)

The only problem is it's a little harder to get, other than mail order from a few places which shall remain nameless, I've only ever seen it at gun shows. Other than an odd lot here and there, I haven't seen too many MA shops with win ranger in stock.

-Mike

Complain to Federal!

Click here if you want to complain directly to Federal. Tell them if they stop selling 50-round boxes of HST and other premiun defensive pistol ammo to the civilian market you'll stop buying ATK (parent company) products.

You think it's possible to boycott all these ATK companies ?

Alliant powder

Champion

D-tect Systems

Gunslick

Intensity

Nitrex

Outers

Ram-Line

RCBS

Shooters Ridge

Weaver

Black Cloud Ammo

Blazer Ammunition

CCI Ammunition

Estate Cartridge

Federal Premium

Fusion Ammunition

Law Enforcement

Speer Ammo

Speer Bullets

So I have a pretty good lead on HST - a well known NH LE/Civilian shop, who has told me they have no reason they cant sell it to me...

Heading there today to see if the same holds true when I show up.

Picked up 4 boxes of 165g HST for 19.95 a box, they didnt have a case so I couldnt get case pricing and .40 S&W was all they had it in...but Im happy.

BTW this is 7 dollars less per box than 180g Hydra-Shok in .40 S&W and 6 dollars (IIRC) less than 165g Speer GDHP's.

Also, for what its worth, on the side of the HST box it reads "This ammunition is designed and manufactured exclusively for sale to law enforcement agencies."

Sorry for the bad pics, it was from my phone.

IMG00224.jpg

IMG00229.jpg

I plan on doing some extensive (as extensive as I can afford/manage) testing of HST vs Hydra-Shok, but the price point on HST as well as reviews Ive read have me leaning that way initially.

-Coop

You think it's possible to boycott all these ATK companies ?

Alliant powder - I'll stop using Reloder 15 and substitute Hodgdon Varget

Champion - Who?

D-tect Systems - Who?

Gunslick - crap, never used it

Intensity- Who?

Nitrex - Never used it.

Outers - Crap

Ram-Line - Utter crap

RCBS - Hornady and Redding make perfectly fine substitutes

Shooters Ridge - Cheap crap

Weaver - Crap

Black Cloud Ammo - Never heard of it.

Blazer Ammunition - My reloads will do fine, thank you, using Winchester powder.

CCI Ammunition - I'd rather buy SK and Eley

Estate Cartridge - My reloads will do fine.

Federal Premium - I can make better pistol and rifle ammo than this.

Fusion Ammunition - Same as above

Law Enforcement - uhhhh, what?

Speer Ammo - Hornady, Winchester, Remington, and Cor-bon will do.

Speer Bullets - Sierra and Hornady for rifles, Remington, Hornady, and my local high volume caster for handguns
Yeah, I think I can do without ATK just fine.

Back
Top Bottom