• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Federal security: Glocks with crippled mags

I'm in and out of various building in Boston and some of the Federal buildings recently changed their security contractor. These contractors are all civilians and not active law enforcement. They used to carry the Security Six like the armored guy but under the new contract are now carrying Glocks. So I just had to ask them, "Where'd you get the Glock?" Apparently the contracting company provided them along with rest of the uniform they use. I wonder how that happened exactly--like can a company in another state just drive in a 100 Glocks and hand them out? Martha?

AND although they're the brand new full size Gen 4 Glocks, they seem to also all be using new Gen 4 Mass crippled 10 round mags. Which they should be--what's good for the goose is good for the gander. I just thought it was funny that Federal protection gets crippled by state law. Only in America.

They would have been better off with 6 rounds of 357 mag goodness instead of 10 rounds of 9 mm (or maybe they're the for-tay, not sure). And they sure as hell will be better off with the wheel gun if we ever go to a 7 round capacity limit.

I guess I'm a day late and a dollar short but this would have been good to mention at the recent hearing in Mass about the mag limit, etc. Although, I doubt anyone listening on the other side of the table would understand that bans only affects law abiding citizens.

Last edited:
how can you tell they are using retard mags? did you get them to drop the mag and show you?

the bureau of prisons' sidearm is a ruger P89. no crippling necessary, at least we're better armed than they are. [laugh]

how can you tell they are using retard mags? did you get them to drop the mag and show you

I drew on them and they only fired 11 rounds before they reloaded [smile]

they carry spare mags and I saw the tell tale single stacked eyelet holes

I should also add that the contractors are really nice guys and nothing like the TSA goons. I'm sure there are more than a couple that are members here--but none that I know of for sure.

I'm in and out of various building in Boston and some of the Federal buildings recently changed their security contractor. These contractors are all civilians and not active law enforcement. They used to carry the Security Six like the armored guy but under the new contract are now carrying Glocks. So I just had to ask them, "Where'd you get the Glock?" Apparently the contracting company provided them along with rest of the uniform they use. I wonder how that happened exactly--like can a company in another state just drive in a 100 Glocks and hand them out? Martha?

AND although they're the brand new full size Gen 4 Glocks, they seem to also all be using new Gen 4 Mass crippled 10 round mags. Which they should be--what's good for the goose is good for the gander. I just thought it was funny that Federal protection gets crippled by state law. Only in America.

They would have been better off with 6 rounds of 357 mag goodness instead of 10 rounds of 9 mm (or maybe they're the for-tay, not sure). And they sure as hell will be better off with the wheel gun if we ever go to a 7 round capacity limit.

I guess I'm a day late and a dollar short but this would have been good to mention at the recent hearing in Mass about the mag limit, etc. Although, I doubt anyone listening on the other side of the table would understand that bans only affects law abiding citizens.

Well, they COULD carry 7 rounds in their "Pre-ban" 10-rd mags if the Linsky BS passes. [rolleyes]

Probably better off going back to the Security 6.

Was it MSM Security? I know they have a lot of federal contracts in the Boston area.

not sure who the old company was but it changed like a couple months ago and is now Paragon. same employees though--that's common with gov contracting, the contractor can change and the new contractor will hire all the onsite guys

Under the 1994-2004 ban, RR police were not exempt since they were not govt employees or guarding nuclear facilities.

Yeah. Like the bit in MA that says a bayonet makes an AR15 more dangerous, so we can't have them on our ARs. Really? Hmmm...

SteavensMarksman

Ive always wanted to go on an AR bayoneting rampage but I can't because of the stupid MA AWB rules.

In case some .gov idiot is reading this, I keeeed, I keeeed.

- - - Updated - - -

Bayos aren't illegal on AR's, just the lug is [thumbsup]

Yes, but a bayonet look like sh1t duct taped to the barrel.

I worked for one of these companies for a bit. The company HQ is usually based out of MA. they buy the guns in "X" state, they're registered to the Company in that state, and they bring them here for us to carry. I had a Brandy new glock 23 third gen for a bit. We were given 10rnd mags, But we're able to carry hi caps if we had 'em. No ammo restrictions.
i do executive protection stuff here and there where the companies give us cool shit I'd never see in a MA shops. Government contracts can be a blast is you're into the toys and training [mg]

Last edited:
I saw a cop in VA tonight, he had a gun, it was awesome. I asked him what kind of boolits he carried, and before he could answer me, he handed me his pistol because someone had some skittles in there hand and he wasn't sure he had the capacity to get the job done.

Back
Top Bottom