• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Federal judge's son shot and killed, husband injured in attack at their NJ home

mikeyp

NES Member
Someone said related to Epstein? Apparently the judge is dealing with something with Deutsche Bank which was actually tied to the Epstein case but I haven't checked that out yet

The son of a federal judge in Newark, New Jersey, has been shot and killed, and her husband shot and injured in an attack at the family's home, according to law enforcement sources.

The judge, Esther Salas, was not hurt.

Francis "Mac" Womack, the mayor of North Brunswick, New Jersey, tells ABC News that the judge's son has died.

The condition of the husband was not immediately known, Middlesex County Prosecutor Yolanda Ciccone told ABC News.

The judge's son opened the door to the family's North Brunswick home at about 5 p.m. Sunday and was immediately shot, sources said.

"He was shot through the heart," Womack said. The son was a freshman at Catholic University.

salas-scene-200719_1595214290046_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

The judge's husband was then shot multiple times, according to sources.

A suspect "remains at-large," a law enforcement official said.

Investigators have preliminary information that the shootings were carried out by someone dressed as a FedEx driver, according to multiple law enforcement sources.

"We are aware of the media reports and are fully cooperating with investigating authorities,” said Fed Ex Spokesman Jim Masilak in a statement.

The mayor said investigators are now "trying to get a hard make on the vehicle" to try and track the suspect.

"As a judge, she had threats from time to time, but everyone is saying that recently there had not been any," said Womack, who is personal friends with the judge and her husband.

In a statement, the FBI Newark office said, "The FBI is investigating a shooting that occurred at the home of Judge Esther Salas in North Brunswick Township, New Jersey earlier this evening, July 19. We are looking for one subject and ask that anyone who thinks they may have relevant information please call FBI Newark at 973-792-3001. We are working closely with our state and local partners and will provide additional updates when available."

The New Jersey State Police, the North Brunswick Police and the Middlesex County Prosecutor's office are also involved in the investigation. The U.S. Marshals have been called to provide the judge with a security detail, according to a law enforcement official.

Judge Salas had received threats in the past, the sources said.

Authorities are investigating whether there is any connection between those prior threats and the shooting, or whether it possibly involved the husband's work as a criminal defense attorney.

"I know Judge Salas and her husband well, and was proud to recommend her to President Obama for nomination to New Jersey's federal bench," New Jersey Sen. Bob Menendez said in a statement. "My prayers are with Judge Salas and her family, and that those responsible for this horrendous act are swiftly apprehended and brought to justice."

Salas is the first Latina to serve on the federal bench in New Jersey.

She wasn't the target, especially if she was home at the time; a man who'll shoot two people will shoot the third, too. I doubt this has anything to do with her.

Sounds to me like a hit on the son. I'd not be surprised to find out he was a part of the drug scene at Catholic.

She wasn't the target, especially if she was home at the time; a man who'll shoot two people will shoot the third, too. I doubt this has anything to do with her.

Sounds to me like a hit on the son. I'd not be surprised to find out he was a part of the drug scene at Catholic.

How to influence a federal judge without killing a federal judge? If she's dead she can't rule in your favor.

Agreed...

How do you get there from here? It is far more likely that she either ruled against someone who wanted revenge or her connection to the Epstien case, anyone doubt for a second that the people involved with pedophile island dont want their acrivities known in any way? And they are very powerful, wealthy and have no morals.

Her husband, who was a defense attorney, was a former prosecutor. Could be related to one of his cases.

The suspect was later found dead of an apparently self-inflicted gunshot wound near Liberty, New York, multiple law enforcement sources told ABC News. A municipal employee discovered the body in a car.

The deceased suspect was an attorney who had a case before Judge Salas in 2015, sources said.

A FedEx package addressed to Judge Salas was discovered in the car, sources said. The suspect who opened fire at the New Jersey home of US District Judge Esther Salas died by suicide near Liberty, NY, multiple law enforcement sources told ABC News.

The suspect was found dead of an apparently self-inflicted gunshot wound near Campsite Road and Berry Brook Road in Sullivan County, the sources said. A municipal employee discovered the body in a car.

The deceased suspect was an attorney who, sources said, had a case before Judge Salas in 2015.

"Self inflicted", lol.

These f***ing people. I wonder when is the exact moment when they realize they're completely above the law. Like, what do they do first to test it out and/or celebrate? Wonder if it's a thing where one moment you're not, something happens and then you're untouchable or if it's a gradual thing and one day you just realize its happened.

No big loss, he was a lawyer.

A father and a son were walking through a funeral and they stopped at a stone, it said "here lies a lawyer and a good man". The dad said "wow, times are so tough they're putting 2 people in one plot" thank you, I'll be here all week people

No big loss, he was a lawyer.

IMHO he was a crummy lawyer, read up on some of the shi* he tried to litigate, the guy hated women

at 73 he long outlived any usefulness he may have had and was just a waste of Oxygen.

There are some great competent Lawyers out there and some crappy ones.

When you are in a bind and have to call one in a pinch, it is nice to have a competent one on retainer and speed dial.

A 73 year old man dresses up as a Fed Ex driver only to shoot whoever comes to the door and gets away scot free only to shoot himself later in a car with... Wait for it... The box addressed to the victims!

So neat and tidy. Case closed...

A 73 year old man dresses up as a Fed Ex driver only to shoot whoever comes to the door and gets away scot free only to shoot himself later in a car with... Wait for it... The box addressed to the victims!

So neat and tidy. Case closed...
Oh baby, I bet that right about now some costume store really regrets putting
"Property of Funny Bone Costumery and Apparel" labels in all of their clothing.
Because they're gonna be getting a knock on the door.

Back
Top Bottom