• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Federal gun law trumps Kansas gun laws

As much as it sucks on the one side, if the court wants to make that determination then Ma laws would be unconstitutional , no ?
Can't see how you can have it both ways.
Or am I way off base ?

An Associated Press artical wherein the only cited source is Every Town -- I wonder where the journalist (read: hack) got this story and why it contains only one side?

That a federal judge would hold that state law may not disable federal enforcement of federal law is hardly surprising.

I do not know for a fact why this judge did not address the constitutionality of NFA, but I suspect it was because the defendants didn't raise that issue. And, for better or worse, in a different era, the Supreme Court foreclosed the lower federal courts from ruling that the 2d Amendment precludes the NFA; if that result should be changed, I think only the Supreme Court has the capacity to change it.

That a federal judge would hold that state law may not disable federal enforcement of federal law is hardly surprising.

I do not know for a fact why this judge did not address the constitutionality of NFA, but I suspect it was because the defendants didn't raise that issue. And, for better or worse, in a different era, the Supreme Court foreclosed the lower federal courts from ruling that the 2d Amendment precludes the NFA; if that result should be changed, I think only the Supreme Court has the capacity to change it.

They did exactly that and he stated that NFA was upheld in the higher courts as a valid way to tax the piss out of people, so he is just following his orders.

This is why jury nullification would be crucial here.

The judge says he has to uphold the Constitution. Then where does shall not be infringed fall?

That wasn't argued in the case. Unless you want an activist judge (which I certainly don't), you have to stick to the facts of the case. Facts were Uncle wanted his $ and gun store owners didn't wanna give it to him. It would be like saying as long as your income stays in MA, you don't have to pay federal income tax.

Just declare those 9 states to be 2nd Amendment Sanctuary states. [smile]

OK, that's pretty funny.

As much as it sucks on the one side, if the court wants to make that determination then Ma laws would be unconstitutional , no ?
Or am I way off base ?

Agree but there is no logic with the left. They definitely like to have it both ways. The activist judges that Commie pols appoint subscribe to this philosophy as well.

Absolutely .
I mentioned in another thread regarding the lefties screaming about Trump's measures to keep terrorists out.
What happened to "If it saves just one life " ?
We heard it enough when they wanted to strip rights away.

Absolutely .
I mentioned in another thread regarding the lefties screaming about Trump's measures to keep terrorists out.

Yup. THIS^

Or am I way off base ?

My my thoughts exactly. Do if the President says that Ltc are now recongnized everywhere, no more AWB and silencers are golden....we are good?

Absolutely .

Don't you know that excuse only works when Liberals use it?

Agree but there is no logic with the left. They definitely like to have it both ways. The activist judges that Commie pols appoint subscribe to this philosophy as well.

Notice this was not a case about weed ...

Back
Top Bottom