• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Federal AWB vs MA General Laws

In MA, what other restrictions would be imposed on us should the same federal AWB be passed again? I had always assumed that MA General Law pretty much covered what the AWB covered.

Coming from NH less than a year ago plus me only owning one AR-15 (Colt HBAR) that I bought before the AWB in the early 90's I have not kept up with laws concerning them. I hadn't ever planned on buying another 'assault weapon' until now, well since a couple months ago when I bought the SIG 556 and now I want another AR-15.

Really, what else could MA residents have to worry about with another AWB, we have so many restrictions as it is...

Really, what else could MA residents have to worry about with another AWB, we have so many restrictions as it is...

If it were the same as the old one, it'd pretty much be business as usual for MA residents. But they could implement a CA style ban, which is more restrictive than the MA ban, or they could try ban all semi-auto firearms completely for all we know. It's an unanswerable question until we see any proposed new AWB.

If it were the same as the old one, it'd pretty much be business as usual for MA residents. But they could implement a CA style ban, which is more restrictive than the MA ban, or they could try ban all semi-auto firearms completely for all we know. It's an unanswerable question until we see any proposed new AWB.

Cost and availability would certainly change on pre-ban stuff in Mass. (assuming the same or a substantially similar AWB went into effect), but it would also make it even much less likely that we'll ever get the Mass. AWB overturned.

I'm not holding my breath for the overturning, but dreaming's free.

Back
Top Bottom