• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Federal 9mm Ammo

Just left the Wareham Walmart where I went to but some 9mm ammo. Their case was full, except for Federal 9mm. The woman helping me (who was wicked cool by the way) told me she can't even get it, it's always backordered. Anyone else experiencing this? When I was in Maine a few weeks ago, the Walmart was loaded with Federal 100 packs. Maybe up there, where it's so easy to get, people aren't hoarding it all up? Had to spend the extra $4 to buy the winchester 100 pack.

I saw some at my local store up in Plaistow, NH but that was a week ago... and the cost had gone up $2 a box if I remember correctly. Still cheaper than any other but I noticed a 10% increase in cost.

I bought it all when I see it, but I havent seen it in a while. [sad] And I'm just trying to get into 45ACP too, but I cant find that either.

- - - Updated - - -

They had plenty of Winchester, she said she tries to keep it on stock, but she just can't get Federal.

Right, because its $x.xx more per box. People want the cheap shit!

I never see the 100 round federal pack of 9. I always see 50 round packs, but they are $13 for 10 vs $20 for 100.

I don't belong to a club yet, so I don't shoot as often as I like. Right now I have to tag along to Taunton with my brother-in-law. I figure every payday I'm going to go stock up so I'll have plenty when I can go shoot any time I want.

Reminds me, I have to get that application in the mail!

The Raynham Walmart was stocked with federal 9mm fmj 50 packs a few weeks ago. The whole row was filled. I asked for 6 boxes and instead of taking them from the glass ammo case, the lady took them from the storage cabinet behind the counter which was also stocked.

I haven't seen the 100packs around anywhere. Just started shooting 9mm though, so I haven't been looking for too long.

I used to see the 100 round Federal 9mm packs at Hudson, NH all the time. I have not seen them in a while, and I don't even think the price tag is on the shelf anymore.

Glad I hoarded a crapload of it while I had the chance.

Just left the Wareham Walmart where I went to but some 9mm ammo. Their case was full, except for Federal 9mm. The woman helping me (who was wicked cool by the way) told me she can't even get it, it's always backordered. Anyone else experiencing this? When I was in Maine a few weeks ago, the Walmart was loaded with Federal 100 packs. Maybe up there, where it's so easy to get, people aren't hoarding it all up? Had to spend the extra $4 to buy the winchester 100 pack.

Plymouth, MA Walmart usually carries 3 Kinds of Federal, 100 value packs of Winchester and Tula (cheaper to buy Tula than the value packs).

I'm wondering if its the employees and their buddies buying it all up before it even hits the store floor.

I don't like shopping at walmart so I haven't checked there, but FS has always had the best prices I can find, and they have been about 2 or 3 bucks higher lately. No fun.

Next time I'm out of state to shoot maybe I'll check out a walmart and stock up. I hate paying anything more than "reallycheap" for 9

I don't like shopping at walmart so I haven't checked there, but FS has always had the best prices I can find, and they have been about 2 or 3 bucks higher lately. No fun.

Next time I'm out of state to shoot maybe I'll check out a walmart and stock up. I hate paying anything more than "reallycheap" for 9

Even online prices are creeping up. Used to be you could get a box of 50 9mm for $9.90 if you bought 10 or more boxes. That seems to have been pushed up to $11 or so lately. Cheapest 9 mm I have seen online is now selling for about $0.21 per round and that is for 1000 rounds.

I'm not a terrorist so I have no reason to buy that much at once.[rolleyes]

Raynham was low on most stuff this morning, I bought some 45ACP 50 packs of TulAmmo but there were no 100 bulk packs at a good price and no 9mm bulk packs at all.

Federal 9mm 100 packs are hit or miss (more misses than hits). when you DO see it for $19.97, you should always get as much as you can afford that day, as you never know when it'll happen again. I've got like, 12 of them in my ammo closet. Even at $23.97 for WWB, that's still a better deal than you'll find anywhere else.

BassPro had UMC 250 box for $65.99, for comparison. Anytime you're buying boxes of 50, you're paying too much.

My buddy told me "Shoot 9mm. It's cheap and you can always find it!"

Turns out it's the one caliber always sold out most places.

i run into the same thing when buying in NH, the 100 packs of federal are 19.99.....really good deal, i always end up with the winchester which is only a couple of bucks more.....still a nice deal and no tax

My walmart usually always has it. 50 packs for 12.93 saw the tula ammo yesterday 50rnd for 9.50ish

FS had casesof the stuff last Thursday. Had a sale on. I paid $11.70 including tax for a box of 50 Blazer Brass. Bought two cases.

My goodness, no 9 mm? A lot of women must be stocking up!

Federal 9mm 100 packs are hit or miss (more misses than hits). when you DO see it for $19.97, you should always get as much as you can afford that day, as you never know when it'll happen again. I've got like, 12 of them in my ammo closet. Even at $23.97 for WWB, that's still a better deal than you'll find anywhere else.

BassPro had UMC 250 box for $65.99, for comparison. Anytime you're buying boxes of 50, you're paying too much.

Sounds like my life...tracking 9mm.

Bought 9mm WWB at the Seabrook store last week, but couldn't find UMC or Federal bulk in Either Epping nor Seabrook. I didn't even give Portsmouth a shot.
I usually keep 300 FMJ and 100 JHP at home. Never tried the Tula. Is it any good?

FS is always well stocked when go there and I usually will buy a case of whatever 9mm he has, which is 20 boxes of 50 rounds FMJ. I'll be heading to NH soon so I'll keep my eyes open for some deals on ammo while I'm there.

Back
Top Bottom