Federal 9mm ammo problem?

If I could I would bring back the 100 round "value" box of aluminum I have from last year.
I like the Magtech stuff as well as Blazer Brass.
I carry with Federal Hydra Shok. Maybe I better test fire that stuff as well.

If I could I would bring back the 100 round "value" box of aluminum I have from last year.
I like the Magtech stuff as well as Blazer Brass.
I carry with Federal Hydra Shok. Maybe I better test fire that stuff as well.

I threw the box in the dumpster, didn't even think about that. My Hydra Shoks were fine but it made me think twice about carry Federal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I know why :) Federal is excellent ammo but it is 3-4 mm longer than every other 9 mm round I have. Winchester, Remington, Agila, Fiochi, etc - you name it, all identical length; but Federal is longer (115, as well as 124 and 147gr) I had the same problem with a new (german) gun and was told to use 124 and 147 gr ammo to "break it". Turned out it was 100% reliable with every other ammo (any grain) but couldn't take the extra length. All my other guns work just fine with it. IMO after 200-300 rounds that one will take it too.

Oil on ammo is a killer and over lubing your weapon is a good source of oil contamination. As stated getting it heated can be a problem. If you have to carry ammo in trunk get one of those styrofoam coolers with thick walls like the mail order meat gets shipped in. Keeping cool does not necessarily mean the shooter ! ! ! ! haha.

Oil on ammo is a killer and over lubing your weapon is a good source of oil contamination. As stated getting it heated can be a problem. If you have to carry ammo in trunk get one of those styrofoam coolers with thick walls like the mail order meat gets shipped in. Keeping cool does not necessarily mean the shooter ! ! ! ! haha.

:rolleyes::rolleyes: You will never get enough oil on a pistol to kill any primer and still be able to hold onto it and shoot or not be splashed with oil every time the action cycles.

Just more internet rumor being perpetuated.

Back
Top Bottom