Federal 1.75" shorty shells

It’s fun to imagine 50 of these in a ksg 25, but the only time I’ve ever seen my buddies pump action choke was on minishells.

I'm holding out for the 1-inch 12 gauge 00buck and slugs.
Basically a crimped Hi-Brass, no plastic.
Won't penetrate walls, denim or flesh.
Knocks a can down off a fence pretty well though...

If you're close enough.

I'm holding out for the 1-inch 12 gauge 00buck and slugs.
Basically a crimped Hi-Brass, no plastic.
Won't penetrate walls, denim or flesh.
Knocks a can down off a fence pretty well though...

If you're close enough.

Are those the ones made for the 12 gauge flare gun ???

400px-Orion_Flare_gun.jpg

Wait, shotguns with tube mags are limited to 5 rounds for you guys? That sucks.

Federal just looking to grab market share copying Aguila, but I don't much care that they only put #4 Buck in their shorty while Aguila puts a mix of #1 and #4 in their short shells. Not saying #4 isn't effective, it is great for home defense distances of 7 yards or less, but if you're outdoors where the ranges increase, the #1 will give you significantly more penetration even if there are only 4 pellets of it in Aguila's ammo.

Slugs I don't care about, they're not as powerful as standard 2-3/4 or 3 inch shells and when you're hunting with the slugs, it's the power you want not capacity or low recoil. Federal just making it cuz survivalist types will think the little slugs will turn their shotgun into a viable 100 yards combat weapon.

I'll stick with Aguila for my short shell needs, but I'm glad to see someone else start making them to compete, hopefully prices will come down cuz $1/shell for these tiny shells and their idiosyncrasies isn't a fair price.

Somebody makes an adapter (a little plug really) to stuff into a pump to make feeding these easier, but I forget the name.

FID is five in the tube pump or auto
LTCA is whatever you can stuff in the tube on a pump but auto's are still five

is that correct?

Assuming the semi auto does not match the AWB definition, should be GTG (for example, if you have a pistol grip on it with an extended tube magazine, that's a paddlin')

Back
Top Bottom