Feather USA 9mm Carbine...any feedback?

I was interested in getting a 9mm carbine and the Highpoints and Sub 2000's just didn't do it for me.

A friend of mine told me about this company... FeatherUSA... which makes a Sterling Type 9mm carbine that takes Glock mags.

Its a small company in Colorado that makes them in 9mm and other calibers.

They look interesting.....anyone own one, had any experience with one or with the company?

http://www.guns-rifles-firearms.com/

feather1.jpgfeather3.jpgfeather4.pngfeather5.jpg

My bro has one in .45. I'd like to say that it's cool looking, lightweight, and easy to handle. It has never been what I'd considered reliable, however. Now, admittedly, it's an older model, maybe 9 years old or so. He's had to send it back a couple of times to have it repaired and made to work properly. I haven't seen it for a couple of years, however, as it is specifically named as an AW here in wonderful Connecticut anymore.

I would most definitely do some research on this company and it's product before I plunked down my money. They may have improved fit, finish, quality, and reliability but that hasn't been his experience.

Rome

Friend of mine had one. He always said that when it stopped working, you could still throw it at someone. He sold it for about $300 and never looked back

I was interested in getting a 9mm carbine and the Highpoints and Sub 2000's just didn't do it for me.

A friend of mine told me about this company... FeatherUSA... which makes a Sterling Type 9mm carbine that takes Glock mags.

Its a small company in Colorado that makes them in 9mm and other calibers.

They look interesting.....anyone own one, had any experience with one or with the company?

http://www.guns-rifles-firearms.com/

View attachment 96428View attachment 96429View attachment 96430View attachment 96431

Did you see the MSRP on their carbines? $850-$950. [rofl]. That is a fricken joke

I know someone who has one. It's reliable, fun and easy to shoot. I saw one at Wilmington for about $500.

I've also seen the 22lr models available for fairly cheap money.

I have an older one that uses modified UZI magazines. In my experience any reliability issues I've had have been directly tied to the magazines. Some of my mags are converted properly (mag catch slot milled precisely) those work perfectly, others that I got cheap are hacked into with a dremel and need to be perfectly seated in order to work. IMHO it is a fun range toy, if I needed a reliable pistol caliber carbine I would stick with my 9mm AR, or my .45 HK USC.

Back
Top Bottom