• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Fears of a Chinese invasion have Taiwanese civilians taking up target practice

Reptile

NES Member
In a leaky warehouse on the outskirts of the city, Su Jun readied his weapon at the commanding shout. Down the line, more armed men clad in camouflage vests, utility belts and kneepads did the same. Another order came and they opened fire.

Shots popped and echoed beneath the cavernous ceiling. The would-be defenders kept shooting, switching between rifles and pistols leveled at cardboard targets. On a final command, the clamor subsided, leaving plastic pellets scattered across the floor. Su let his BB gun drop.

Su, 39, is not a soldier but a tattoo artist. The only time he held a rifle that fired real bullets was more than a decade ago, during the two years of military service then required of men in Taiwan. But while the guns in his hands were fake — and the drill more paintball target practice than military maneuver — the threat in Su’s mind was viscerally real.

Continues...

Hopefully they toughen up their draftee conscripts and lose that 'strawberry soldier' beta reputation.

Hopefully they toughen up their draftee conscripts and lose that 'strawberry soldier' beta reputation.

"Strawberry soldier." That's an interesting thing for you to know. How did you know that?

Wikipedia: "Strawberry generation is a Chinese-language neologism for Taiwanese people born from 1990s onwards who "bruise easily" like strawberries."

"Strawberry soldier." That's an interesting thing for you to know. How did you know that?

Wikipedia: "Strawberry generation is a Chinese-language neologism for Taiwanese people born from 1990s onwards who "bruise easily" like strawberries."
Read an article one time I was curious about the combat effectiveness of the Taiwanese military. I remember that term and stuck by me. Seems like a lot of the draftees are undisciplined, would rather play Overwatch or Starcraft and need to get dragged out to PT and basic. Looks like they're getting some American style biker gang tattoos, now just time to bulk up and show the CCP they're not actually pussies.

Read an article one time I was curious about the combat effectiveness of the Taiwanese military. I remember that term and stuck by me. Seems like a lot of the draftees are undisciplined, would rather play Overwatch or Starcraft and need to get dragged out to PT and basic. Looks like they're getting some American style biker gang tattoos, now just time to bulk up and show the CCP they're not actually pussies.

That's a lot of interesting stuff to know. You write English perfectly.

As a black man is that not expected?

I know nothing about you other than you put up a picture of Colion Noir and that you're some kind of an expert on the Taiwanese military. And now I think of it your comment above did seem to communicate a pro-CCP attitude.

"Looks like they're getting some American style biker gang tattoos, now just time to bulk up and show the CCP they're not actually pussies."

For the amount I shoot I'm good on 9mm now, considering I just started reloading that.
5.56 and 300 BLK I'm short on but don't shoot that much.
I'd expect primers and powder to take another hit as well.

THIRTY is a pretty big number.

they are not fooling around this time.
biden must have given them the go signal
Drop an anchored buoy out in the Strait,
cabled back to a Taiwan command center.
A wire-commanded winch that lets the shore control
pop it up or submerge it at will.
And a radio transmitter that sends the signal
of an air-defense fighter's radar-guided missiles locking on.

Leave it submerged.
Wait until you see the ChiComs fly over it,
then pop the buoy up and irradiate the commies.

Their sensors will make them think a fighter is going to shoot them down.
But there won't be any Taiwanese fighters in the area.
Freak the commies out that Taiwan has new stealth technology.

"Strawberry Soldier comes from Taiwanese mommies fattening their sons up so they fail the height weight req. to get drafted. Taiwan needs to turn itself into the Pacific version of Switzerland. Every citizen a Soldier, remember Taiwan is at closest 110mi from mainland China. Buy more shore to ship missiles to sink any troop transports, anti-aircraft defenses, F35's, etc. Between the US, Japan, and Australia their submarine fleets could reek havoc on an amphibious invasion force. Citizens need to commit to their self defense with bodies and defense budget.

Back
Top Bottom