• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FBI seizure of former Marine’s weapons under Oregon’s ‘red flag’ law

So let me get this straight, ANTIFA can organize planned assaults, riots, destruction of property, mass murder, intimidation, wear black masks and black clothing and they are OK, but a former US Marine who says he will defend himself, no, he is suspicious. Geebus H Kwist.

Well it’s hard to take guns away from masked unarmed p-words that start crap. They are hoping the law will always be on their side.

Kohfield was also admitted to a veterans hospital in Portland and spent 20 days there. Though he was not charged with a crime, he was barred from participating in the August protests organized by the far-right group Proud Boys in Portland that drew counterprotests from antifa.
Barred by whom? Under what authority? By what mechanism? Or... what?

SCOTUS looks dimly on extrajudicial preemptive limitations on free speech.

When the takeaway many got from this is asking “why” he said something and concluding the thing to do is curtail your speech, we are doomed.

Nobody should ever be required to curtail their 1A rights for fear of having their 2 and 4A rights violated.

I just love how people are willing to accept violations of others second and fourth amendment rights on the grounds like don’t like how someone exercised their first. It’s particularly ironic when what he said is what many people here are thinking and even have said or suggested themselves.

But hey, if you aren’t personally the victim to these things, who cares, right?
The guy should of been smarter with his words and he even admitted it, i believe.

Here's what I don't get: what law allows the FBI to seize his guns? If he got red flagged, should it not be the either staties, county sheriffs, or local cops who serve this order?

Here's what I don't get: what law allows the FBI to seize his guns? If he got red flagged, should it not be the either staties, county sheriffs, or local cops who serve this order?
What law allows them to concoct a Russia-collusion conspiracy in an attempt to oust a duly-elected President?

“A Law repugnant to the Constitution is void.”

Sadly the "red flag" law is just the beginning.
That "law" is as unconstitutional as it gets
It violates a person's right to face their accuser, as well as a fair trial, just about every single amendment.

The sad fact 17 states already have it so quickly with little push back from the American public makes me sick & also gives "them" an idea of how much resistance they will get WHEN "not if WHEN" they implement an all-out ban.

Any and all politicians who support, supported, or intends to support that law needs to be voted out of office, however, the voting process is as corrupt as the red flag law itself.
Does my not liking the red flag law mean I'm going to be "red-flagged"

The person who had his property seized should sue the person who called it in.. Filing a false report is a crime isn't it? Using the police as a means to get at someone you disagree with should result in liability exposure for the person making the false or borderline very weak report.

His comments were public, they made a judgment call based on those comments, no one is getting sued for filing a false report. A false report is when someone claims you said/did something you didn't do, which is pretty hard to prove and it it becomes a he said/she. The accuser will always get the benefit of the doubt. At that point, the burden is on the person who gets red flagged to prove the other person is lying - good luck finding a sympathetic LE/court on that one unless they texted you or left you a voicemail that said they were going to make up a story to red flag you. While I disagree red flag laws, they are on the books and the guy has no one to blame but himself for his proclamations which could very easily be justified as threats in our current social environment.

His comments were public, they made a judgment call based on those comments, no one is getting sued for filing a false report. A false report is when someone claims you said/did something you didn't do, which is pretty hard to prove and it it becomes a he said/she. The accuser will always get the benefit of the doubt. At that point, the burden is on the person who gets red flagged to prove the other person is lying - good luck finding a sympathetic LE/court on that one unless they texted you or left you a voicemail that said they were going to make up a story to red flag you. While I disagree red flag laws, they are on the books and the guy has no one to blame but himself for his proclamations which could very easily be justified as threats in our current social environment.

WRONG!!! HAven't you ever heard of parody? That's all you have to say. Maybe this douche nozzle can explain it for ya...

330px-Adam_Schiff_official_portrait.jpg

Back
Top Bottom