• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Faxon VS Ballistic Advantage?

I'm building my first upper. It'll be 5.56 for plinking and general use so I'm looking at brands that offer a good compromise between quality and value. Reliability is important because I want to feel like I built a decent rifle that's likely to function rather than always wondering if it's going to fail. Hours of going in circles on the interwebz has led me to the mid and upper level Faxon Gunner and Ballistic Advantage Hanson barrels around $225. Do I just toss a coin here?

Should be fine with either, I have a BA Hanson and it’s great, I especially like how it came with a pinned gas block. That will add to reliability for sure.

I’ve been happy with faxon. Setup a buddys .308 with an 18” and my 5.56 with a 14.5” with a pinned lantac dragon. I was originally looking at BA for myself but found faxon was having a “sale.”

I don’t know about the website, I got one through a group by and another was already on a rifle when I got it. Midsouth shooters supply has them in stock every once in a while. Their site is easy to use.

Dave

I have 2 BA barrels, good barrels for the price. I paid $170 for the .625 Hanson and $140 for my 18” stainless steel SPR. My Hanson outshoots my BCM standard barrel. Take a look at Sionics as well, good sub $200 barrel.

I will chime in as the cheap bastard. I have had very good results with my ar stoner barrel from Midway. Also, I used a 9mm barrel from Spinta, which I am very happy with. Both barrels perform just as good as some of my more expensive ones.

BA, all the way. I have one of their premium series stainless barrels on my 6.5 Creedmoor AR. Tackdriver- 0.6 MOA shooter. Also they make the stainless barrels offered by a super high-end producer of carbon fiber barrels. They stand behind their product as well.

I went with the Ballistic Advantage .223 Wylde stainless premium series Hanson profile. Found it for $180 and free shipping plus it includes the gas block. The same website had some great specials going on so I added an Aero Precision upper, Aero Precision Nitrided BCG, Aero Precision gas tube and a VG6 Gamma bead blasted stainless brake all shipped for $395. Thanks for all your replies.

Back
Top Bottom