• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Fawn decoy???

Interesting. I'm not sure if you're hunting in 'year-round' state (unlike Mass.) but I'm curious to hear how it works out. I would imagine it could be no worse than a live decoy dog and possibly better. I wonder how coyotes would react to one in the fall/winter.

Interesting. I'm not sure if you're hunting in 'year-round' state (unlike Mass.) but I'm curious to hear how it works out. I would imagine it could be no worse than a live decoy dog and possibly better. I wonder how coyotes would react to one in the fall/winter.

You can't hunt coyotes year round in Mass? We can here in Georgia and the does are starting to drop their fawns. We can use electronic calls and the fawn in distress call is deadly this time of year. You need to pack up your family and move down here. The weather is good, the real estate taxes are low, 1900$ a year for mine. Prices of housing in nice neighborhoods run under $300,000 for a 2,300 square foot house. Lots of good paying jobs too. We are allowed to harvest 10 does and 2 bucks every year. Fresh water fishing is very good in the lakes and streams. Hell you could catch a 10lb. plus pound trout in the city of Atlanta and 30 plus pound stripers in many of the lakes in the state. Also great salt water fishing on the coast. I'm from the Catskill Mountains and love it here. I'm in a hunting club that has 500 acres and boarders up to more than 14,000 acres of federal land. We keep our trailers year around inside a chained gate with a neighbor that owns about 50 acres bordering our camp that keeps an eye on our stuff.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom