Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Patton

• Memphis Belle

• Total voters
SiameseRat said:
AZMLII said:
I voted for “Memphis Belle”. Of the ones listed, it’s my favorite.

Jen and I watched “The Alamo” and “Gunner Palace” last weekend. “The Alamo wasn’t great, but I enjoyed it. “Gunner Palace” was good.

Saying that "The Alamo wasn't great" is a major UNDERSTATEMENT, hun[wink]

Depends on which "The Alamo" you meant. There have been quite a few, after all, with wide variations in quality.

Ken

I must say I am a bit surprised. I voted FMJ but I really thought Platoon was going to be a 1st or second place. As of this post there are 20 votes and not one for Platoon. [shock]

KMaurer said:
SiameseRat said:
AZMLII said:

Jen and I watched “The Alamo” and “Gunner Palace” last weekend. “The Alamo wasn’t great, but I enjoyed it. “Gunner Palace” was good.

Depends on which "The Alamo" you meant. There have been quite a few, after all, with wide variations in quality.

Ken

We watched the recent version.

SiameseRat said:
KMaurer said:
SiameseRat said:
AZMLII said:

Ken

We watched the recent version.

I didn't realize Jen was logged in on the laptop. I posted that.

What about "Band of Brothers"?

Even though it wasn't listed in the poll, I think the mini-series deserves consideration.
The story, supported by decent special effects was outstanding. There was very little social commentary built into it.
Its theme was clear and simple; one company of airborne infantry, a cross-section of America's youth right out of the Depression, engaging in an endeavor from which they pretty much figured they weren't coming home.
What balls they had........What a debt we owe them.
Come to think of it, I'm gonna remember this as my family says its final goodbyes to my uncle who passed on this week at the age of 80. He couldn't wait to join in 44 as word of the capture of two of his friends by the Japanese hit home. He found himself going ashore on Okinawa in the midst of a kamakasi attack with his transportation company in the SeaBees.
He saw a lot of BAD stuff, but came home and went on with the business of living. It shaped his life as it shaped the whole generation.
Sorry.......reckon I'll get down off my soapbox!!!
(TA)CJC

+1 for Band of Brothers.

I had the priveledge to meet Lester Hashey(entered easy Co. in Holland then wounded at the Bulge) When the series was on HBO. Actually, I went to his house watched an episode with him and drank scotch. He was a hell of a man. As they all were/are. Even at his age, he was still Airborne all the way. A fantastic individual. It's not often I get to sit in the presence of one of my childhood heros.

RIP Hash.

"TYPEO1313, you magnificent bastard! I TOOK YOUR POLL!!"

(Another vote for Patton. I never tire of watching that movie. Probably 'cause my father served in Third Army and I've met dozens of men from his division.)

Please scroll up to AZMLII's quote (for some reason I can't quote it, maybe too many quotes already?)

I just wanted to point out to all the single guys on NEShooters that there really ARE women in this world who are more obsessed with guns and gun-related stuff than their menfolk. So don't give up!! hehehe [wink]

Back
Top Bottom