• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Favorite Rifle?

So You've met Flintoid...

No, but I'll shoot yer eye out quick. Real quick.

Zoh noh! I'm so sorry. Not!
guitar-redneck-gansta-redneck-guitar-gun-gangsta-1291577260.jpg

I'm due for a banning!

Thanks for that, Carl. That's going to replace the whale in my nightmares...
why? why would you do that? why why why why why? What made that dude think "hey, you know what will be sexy? me in my skivvies surrounded by my guns and Rockband (!) guitars. yeah, that'll make the ladies swoon."

As far as my favorite caliber...I'm still fairly new to firearms so I haven't shot a ton of different types, but i love my M1. My AR's are a close second. At some point I want to get something chambered in .308, like an M1A.

Nice!
I'm confused by "matching serial number" though. Matches what?

Sorry... the receiver and barrel are matching serial numbers. It was a barreled receiver from SEI in the late eighties. I built the rest with current SEI components including the gas system, op rod and front NM sight. I also have their scope mount for it but prefer the irons.
It has a TRW bolt and NOS Springfield (the original one) Armory trigger group.
She's a fine shooter.

Sorry... the receiver and barrel are matching serial numbers. It was a barreled receiver from SEI in the late eighties. I built the rest with current SEI components including the gas system, op rod and front NM sight. I also have their scope mount for it but prefer the irons.
It has a TRW bolt and NOS Springfield (the original one) Armory trigger group.
She's a fine shooter.
Ahh, Gotchya. My Smith is probably my favorite rifle. Just got it re-barreled.

My Favorite rifle in the collection is a 1903 Mannlicher Schoenauer (1903 in 6.5X54 MS) also have a 1908 Mannlicher Schoenauer (8x56 MS).
Have some others second favs ,Mod 71 Prewar in 348 Win,a Browning Medallion in 7mm mag. My favorite caliber is probably 30-06 and my Rem 700 Mountain gets the most use deer season.

Last edited:
My all time favorite is my pre-ban polytech legend ak-47. Accurancy is great, surplus ammo everywhere and an absolute blast to shoot. I have at least 10,000 rounds through it and that sucker will not stove pipe, jam or mis-fire.
If I ever sold it my kids would not speak to me because they love shooting it as well.

My all time favorite is my pre-ban polytech legend ak-47. Accurancy is great, surplus ammo everywhere and an absolute blast to shoot. I have at least 10,000 rounds through it and that sucker will not stove pipe, jam or mis-fire.
If I ever sold it my kids would not speak to me because they love shooting it as well.

This is a good first post![thumbsup]

favorite? gotta be one of my service rifles (have 2 identical rigs). wonderfully simple, incredibly accurate, and love seeing people gasp when i hand it to them, and they realize it weighs ~ 16lbs lol

offhand.jpg

followed closely by my newest rifle, a McMillan Bros. Tubb 2000c. slickest bolt and best trigger ive ever felt. cant wait to get a little more trigger time on it a little later this year :)

IMAG0129.jpg

Back
Top Bottom