Favorite Knife Brands

The Edge Lab

Dealer
NES Member
More market research…

I’m securing vendors for the knife shop I’m putting in the Mill. It’s going pretty great and I have many brands. I can’t get BM right now as they are not accepting new vendors for this year. But I got just about every other mainstream knife brand and a few smaller makers.

I’m going to stock a few different knifes from these brands… this is just to start.

Ontario Knife Co
Spyderco
Zero Tolerance
QSP
Esee

I have others on my radar but…What other brand, model and color knife would you really like to see?

Appreciate the support from the NES knife crew.

Yes, definitely both great brands. I already have WE amd on my shortlist of stocking items. Thanks

I buy good quality, not great quality, knives from an on line kitchen supply store and sharpen the heck out of them with my work sharp. When they wear down I buy another $25-35 knife. It works better for me than worrying about bespoke knives, a trick I learned from my chef friend.

I'm a Traditionalist. @Garddogg56 Nailed it for me...

Inventory stock vs. Special Orders should also be considered.
Brands like Buck, Case, Spyderco, Benchmade, ESEE are all great to have on hand and will move if selection and pricing are good.
Getting Customs and Randall's will be for your "Whales" who have the money and know what they want.

Ford or Chevy?
Xbox or PlayStation?
9mm or .45?

There is no right or wrong answer here. ESEE are primarily out doors knives. ZT is good all around, but expensive.

Pretty much any middle to high end brand will do what you need. Buy one of each? That’s kind of how my collecting started. Since you buy everything online these days, you don’t get to hold them until you buy them.

40 or so knives later, I’m still searching for the perfect one, but found some gems also.

I'm a Traditionalist. @Garddogg56 Nailed it for me...

Inventory stock vs. Special Orders should also be considered.
Brands like Buck, Case, Spyderco, Benchmade, ESEE are all great to have on hand and will move if selection and pricing are good.
Getting Customs and Randall's will be for your "Whales" who have the money and know what they want.
Oh, knock it off.

You just want him to stock the special order SAKs. Admit it.

More market research…

I’m securing vendors for the knife shop I’m putting in the Mill. It’s going pretty great and I have many brands. I can’t get BM right now as they are not accepting new vendors for this year. But I got just about every other mainstream knife brand and a few smaller makers.

I’m going to stock a few different knifes from these brands… this is just to start.

Ontario Knife Co
Spyderco
Zero Tolerance
QSP
Esee

I have others on my radar but…What other brand, model and color knife would you really like to see?

Appreciate the support from the NES knife crew.
I have the same list.
Kershaw's can be nice. I have one of their hinderer patterned Cryo2s and it's a wonderful knife. I had a Leek which I hated. Terrible work knife. Their AUtoLawks assisted open system is top notch.

Spyderco Sage and Delica4 are my top two EDC. Ontario Rat2s in all the tool boxes/bags camp and tackle gear as I love them and trust them (and they used to be $20 all the time. )

Add in Condor for fixed blades for batoning/fire sticking.

Let’s not forget CRKT , they work with lots of knife designers and have many interesting models.
Their lower end Mks are garbage IMHO. The stupid safety latch in the safety lock thing which requires six different pressure applications in different directions to actuate infuriates me.

Also, I've had issues with them getting fur or dust in the lock mechanism and it not working.

Pretty much any middle to high end brand will do what you need.
will they? it's been my experience that most manufacturers of knives ignore the steel in a knife and charge it's customers for the window dressing. virtually the majority of say, benchmade, is 440c or something similar, boring and adequate. a happy compromise, then they spend their time trying to get that knife to look tacticool because of smart marketing, they know looks sell knives.

a smart knife purchase is not what other people think, besides just cutting, everyone uses a knife differently. hard, daily, just in the pocket for when it's needed, an accessory like a pen and wallet. i always believe you need to choose the steel to match the job and carry accordingly.

I can’t stand the stupid over designed locking/opening mechanisms. All brands have models that appeal and don’t appeal to certain folks. It’s whatever works for you.

I can’t stand the stupid over designed locking/opening mechanisms. All brands have models that appeal and don’t appeal to certain folks. It’s whatever works for you.
well...i am a sucker for a good otf blade. even a knife snob like myself has an achillies heel. [angry]

Back
Top Bottom