• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Favorite Hunting Recipes

I like buffalo.

I have a buffalo and cheese with onions. Like a steak and cheese.

Holy crap was that good.

Never had cat that I know of, but if I did, I'm sure that it was good. I have to say, there isn't much prepared meats that I haven't eaten that I didn't like. Weather I knew what it was or not. :D :D

My dad had a remote tour in Korea in 88-89 and he said that you had to be VERY careful when you went into the town to eat!

Adam

C-pher said:
I like buffalo.

I have a buffalo and cheese with onions. Like a steak and cheese.

Holy crap was that good.

Never had cat that I know of, but if I did, I'm sure that it was good. I have to say, there isn't much prepared meats that I haven't eaten that I didn't like. Weather I knew what it was or not. :D :D

There is a place in Waltham (I work in Waltham) called Bison County. Mmmm Buffalo EVERYTHING!! It's great! I LOVE the buffalo chili!!!

Think I just figured out where I am going for lunch!

Adam

It's not so bad... As long as you get all the "bark" out before you eat it!
<rim shot> bu dum dum tssssss

Adam

I don't know when our springer was alive he was on the scrawny side. Even in old age it was hard to get him to gain weight. [lol]

MrsWildweasel said:
I don't know when our springer was alive he was on the scrawny side. Even in old age it was hard to get him to gain weight. [lol]

Really? Mine had to be on a special diet near the end (god rest her soul) because she would gain weight just watching ME eat!

Adam

Nickle said:
I also don't make Venison Steaks (or chops), since the meat is so lean, and you have to trim so much, it gets tough.

For venison chops, rub the chops with a split clove of garlic and pan-fry in butter. Yum!!

When Lodge reconvenes, I'll be able to ask one of my Lodge brothers if he'll share his recipe for venison stew. He prepares it for the collation for the March meeting every year (that's the first Wednesday of March at United Brethren Lodge in Marlboro, Len, Jon... *subtle hint*) (every one else... well, guys, to be a Mason, ya gotta ask first :D )

Ross

TonyD said:
There's always the Chihuahua and Cheese on a hogie roll with sauted onions and green peppers. Or, a Dachshund-dog with chilli and relish. [wink]

So that's why they're called "wiener dogs".

Ken

From the resident Vegetarian:

I hunt at Whole Foods, and my favorite recipe of the moment involves Quorn "chicken" roast, Nayonaise, pickles and dill...

If you're interested in the recipe let me know [twisted]

SiameseRat said:

I hunt at Whole Foods, and my favorite recipe of the moment involves Quorn "chicken" roast, Nayonaise, pickles and dill...

Actually, my sister and my niece are vegetarians (and my brother in law reluctantly follows), so yes, I'd be interested.

Then I can tell my liberal gun-hating sister that she got the recipe courtesy of a slavering, gun-owning... vegetarian(!) from Somerville (next to Cambridge, it's close!). I love playing with her mind... [twisted]

God, I LOVE this board!

Ross

dwarven1 said:
SiameseRat said:

Actually, my sister and my niece are vegetarians (and my brother in law reluctantly follows), so yes, I'd be interested.

Then I can tell my liberal gun-hating sister that she got the recipe courtesy of a slavering, gun-owning... vegetarian(!) from Somerville (next to Cambridge, it's close!). I love playing with her mind... [twisted]

God, I LOVE this board!

Ross

MUAHAHAHA I will e-mail the recipe post haste!

had a small moose roast tonight,the wife put it in a glass cassarol dish,poured a package of dry onion soup on it then poured a can of bud in with it,in the oven for an hour or so at 325 degees. really,really good :D ed smith p.s i love kimchee

Back
Top Bottom