• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Favorite gun for Christmas?

SiameseRat said:
Yeah it's always funny to come across guys like that. Thankfully I've found a really great group of guys who don't make me feel like I ought to be in the kitchen whipping up some pot pies...

Well, Kath's the one who's the Master (or is that Mistress?) Baker; she does wonderful deserts. But I've been coming along on the cooking pretty good, too. We both do some good cooking, I guess. At least, we never have guests going home hungry! [lol]

Huh? Mine is on the same place on the Ruger MkII, the Makarov, and a Browning I used to use
Thumb-button mag release (like on the Kahr) is faster than a heel mag release. With a thumb button mag release, during a mag change your strong hand drops the mag while your support hand reaches for the spare mag. By the time the mag clears the mag well, your support hand already has the spare mag and is moving it towards the gun.

With a heel mag release, you have to use both hands to release the mag. As a result, your reload is slower.

Think of it this way: if a heel magazine release was faster, why don't IPSC shooters put it on their open class guns?

M1911 said:
With a heel mag release, you have to use both hands to release the mag. As a result, your reload is slower.

Think of it this way: if a heel magazine release was faster, why don't IPSC shooters put it on their open class guns?

I don't really care about reload time. Hey, if I smoked, that would be a good chance for a butt break! It is not an issue here.

Well, I must've done something right this year. Midway is now selling Reminton 700 Actions, so that 338 Lapua I'm going to build is going to be on a Remington, and it's going to cost me less.

That's close enough of a present for me.

I just received my early Christmas present (Sig 229), & couldn't justify leaving it under the tree for two weeks, so I promptly went to AFS & fed her 200 rounds. :D

Here's what I'm hoping for:

p99c-as-left-full.jpg

The Glock 26 of Walthers...er...or something like that. I ordered a Milt Sparks VM2 holster for this bad boy a couple months ago so it should be here soon. At that point, I'm simply going to have to get the P99C.

K-DUB said:
I just received my early Christmas present (Sig 229), & couldn't justify leaving it under the tree for two weeks, so I promptly went to AFS & fed her 200 rounds. :D

You should always feed a new baby immediately. [lol] [wink] (I'm jealous too :D )

I'm having a hard time deciding what Santa's going to leave under the tree for me.

Should it be this:

1911pkze.jpg

or this:

108285_large.jpg

Decisions, decisions... Do I want a genuine imitation mil-spec 1911, or something I can play with??? Hmmm...

I asked for a $69 MN 91/30. Barb slammed me down saying "You have enough rifles!" Totaly bummed me out.
Damn good thing she don't know about the Smith Corona 03A3! I hope it comes tomorrow so I can upack and hide it [twisted]
Merry Christmas to me!

I still remember the wife saying, many years ago "No more guns until you get a cabinet or safe for them" (they were stored rather haphazardly).

Guess what she had the kids get me for Christmas that year? Yup, a gun safe.

Nickle said:
I still remember the wife saying, many years ago "No more guns until you get a cabinet or safe for them" (they were stored rather haphazardly).

Guess what she had the kids get me for Christmas that year? Yup, a gun safe.

That's a good woman there, Nickle. But I'm guessin' you already know that...

Back
Top Bottom