Favorite Firearms-Related YouTube Channels?

Forgotten Weapons and the couple other related channels he does cross overs with.

The engineer in me gets total geek wood seeing those historic pieces disassembled and every bit of the operation explained.

I like a lot of the ones mentioned, but also like NeverenuffAmmo for his Guns and geek podcasts and "Go **** Yourself Videos".

He even did one for everyone's Favorite AG, Maura.

Top 3 are Probably MAC, NEA, and Reid Henrichs.

I subscribe to too many to list but here are some:

The Armory Channel
The Gun Collective
IV8888
Sootch
Mr Gunsngear
Four Guys Guns
GunsNGadgets
UziNineMillomeetah
Mixflip
Military Arms Channel
VSO Gun Channel
AK Operators Union
TFB TV
Forgotten Weapons
Never Enuf Ammo
Armslist Media
22plinkster
HrntFixr
Firearmguy
Kotaboy32
Liberty Doll
Guns Gear and On Target Training
ebomey

The newest is CollierGunGirls, two roughly 10 year old kids, who just started shooting competitively and do better gun reviews than half the adults out there.

Can't stand Sootch...talk about someone who throws together misc gear into a bag and adds some catchy label just to have something to upload that week. That dude is the quintessential gear whore.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

If you look up Gear Whore in the dictionary, you might find this video.

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually check it Hickok45, Iraqveteran8888 and Gunsngadgets for YouTube channels.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Same here. I'll watch the Yankee marshal on occasion but, he takes some really dumb stands on various political issues.
But, is is a self proclaimed liberal.

Like others here Hickok45, MAC, and Iraqveteran8888 are my usual channels that I follow and watch. Forgotten Weapons has some great information about older/rare firearms. I like nutnfancy too (he provides some good information IMO) but he can get a bit long-winded for me.

Thanks for a lot of the suggestions here. I hadn't seen Active Self Protection before and I find his stuff to be particularly good: short and to the point.

Tons of good recommendations on here.

One I didn't see posted was Anvil/ Mark Novak. For those who favor more of the C&Rsenal and Forgotten Weapons stuff, Mark does EXTREMELY well made and very interesting/ informative gun smithing videos. Often he works on very unique, old, or niche weapons.

Hickok45...you can tell he really enjoys making videos and he doesn't go into autistic OCD detail. Him mentioning his increasing numbers of channel sponsors at the beginning of every video is starting to get old.

Paul Harrell is great to fall asleep to. I mean that as a compliment, I’ve been following him for quite some time and he knows what he’s talking about.

GarandThumb is great because he doesn’t review anything unless he’s fired 86,000,000 rounds with or through it. He also discloses associations before hand and is still critical. I’m looking at an Eotech and his optics reviews are second to none.

Everything else I take for entertainment value only.

Watching a lot Henry Chen at 9-hole lately.

GarandThumb for the Ron Jeremy, Mcadley Culkin, and Taylor Swift references.

t.rex arms with Lucas. That kid prodigy they flew over from Japan was freakin amazing.

Like others here Hickok45, MAC, and Iraqveteran8888 are my usual channels that I follow and watch. Forgotten Weapons has some great information about older/rare firearms. I like nutnfancy too (he provides some good information IMO) but he can get a bit long-winded for me.

I miss some of the older Nutnfancy stuff. Hiking and camping in the mountains with the dog and long shooting scenario series like Red Skies, Point Break etc. Way too much shooting off benches at ranges and blowing crap up or ballistic tests on YouTube overall. I really like the in-field practical shooting.

Anybody have a verdict on the "Yankee Marshall"? Can't tell if he's serious half the time.
That's the one channel I can't stand. His voice alone just makes me want to turn it off.

Hickock I can't deal with anymore either .....it's a damn commercial now. Last time I watched one of his vids he had silver bars on the table pushing some online precious metals dealer. f*** that.

I watch Paul Harrel every week when he releases his new vid. His "tactical" advice is quite outdated......so take that with a grain of salt......but he takes on some obscure topics that most gun channels won't bother with. Like 444 Marlin vs 44 mag rifle for deer. What type of handgun is best if you had to shoot an intruder from in bed under the covers.....yes ....he did.....and put it to the full test brought a bed nightstand and alarm clock out to the range 🤣.

I also watch gun Jesus aka forgotten weapons I like old and unique fire arms so his channel is perfect for that.

Last edited:
Most of these channels like Hickok45, Mr Gunsngear and Sootch end up being infomercials. They love everything they show. There seems to be very few channels that are willing to give poor reviews.
Paul Harrel does give negative comments when warranted. But most of his vids are not about "brands" and "models" of fire arm but he does tell you what he's using and if he thinks it sucks.......he'll say so. He tests alot of different types of ammo and if he gets some that is shitty he'll say so as well.

He's not sponsored by anyone and has half a million subscribers at this point.

Gunsmith called Anvil does some cool stuff. I think he's affiliated with C&Rsenal somehow.

Paul Harrel (Harell?) does a good job as well. He's been involved in 2 real world defensive shootings.

I used to like Reid Hendricks but he doesn't seem to show up on my feed much anymore.

Most of these channels like Hickok45, Mr Gunsngear and Sootch end up being infomercials. They love everything they show. There seems to be very few channels that are willing to give poor reviews.
Well 22plinkster absolutely demolished the glock 22lr.

Back
Top Bottom