Favorite/best TUCKABLE holster?

I recently started carrying a Ruger LC9S and while it will fit in a pocket, I prefer IWB carry. I am often dressed in a shirt and tie and so use a tuckable holster. It is OK but not made specifically for this gun and so I am seeking advice from the group that have/use this type of holster. What make/model do you find best and why?

Thanks in advance.

Crossbreed minituck. I carry a P938 in one and it is super comfortable. You can get them quick for most guns on Amazon though for tucking a shirt in the j-hooks help hide the clips. If you go that route I think I have an extra set. I have a few crossbreeds and like the cow leather more than the horse leather that you pay more money for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crossbreed minituck. I carry a P938 in one and it is super comfortable. You can get them quick for most guns on Amazon though for tucking a shirt in the j-hooks help hide the clips. If you go that route I think I have an extra set. I have a few crossbreeds and like the cow leather more than the horse leather that you pay more money for.

+1
And FS has them on sale for $50.

I've tried a number of different IWB holsters both cheap and expensive and for me nothing beats a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2. I carry a Colt Defender IWB and for me it sits better and is more comfortable then any of the others. I've tried Alien Gear, DMBullard, Safariland, Mitch Rosen, etc.....

I've tried a number of different IWB holsters both cheap and expensive and for me nothing beats a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2. I carry a Colt Defender IWB and for me it sits better and is more comfortable then any of the others. I've tried Alien Gear, DMBullard, Safariland, Mitch Rosen, etc.....

So you use the MS with the optional kydex clips?

I have a White Hat Micro Tuck. It is a hybrid cowhide/kydex holster similar to Crossbreed or Alien Gear. It has the J style hooks so it is perfect for dress shirts etc and it's extremely comfortable. I carry a P238 and you don't even know it's there. The kydex can be purchased for different guns as well so you can swap if you have more than one carry option.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I have an LC9s and Crossbreed Minituck. I like the Minituck but looking at Stealth Gear's equivalent, that might have been a more comfortable choice. The Stealths are more expensive but have much nicer ventilation and padding. Also, I believe the amount of retention can be adjusted with the screws. With Crossbreeds you have to re-shape the Kydex with a heat gun if you want more or less retention.

If you are left handed, crossbreed typically has to make them to order. At least they did on mine.

I use a crossbreed as well. Both Glock 26 and 19 as they are interchangeable. For work purposes as you said the small of the back works best imo

Here's what I've been using for a while. Very comfortable.
026.jpg

027.jpg

Also, I'm having a hard time picturing you in a shirt and tie...
:)

-Cuz

Last edited:
I recently started carrying a Ruger LC9S and while it will fit in a pocket, I prefer IWB carry. I am often dressed in a shirt and tie and so use a tuckable holster. It is OK but not made specifically for this gun and so I am seeking advice from the group that have/use this type of holster. What make/model do you find best and why?

Thanks in advance.

I unfortunately gave up on that. Not sure if it's my build or the clothes I own but I cannot carry dressed up without a massive print or feeling very uncomfortable (as the holster and gun pressing on me too hard)

I unfortunately gave up on that. Not sure if it's my build or the clothes I own but I cannot carry dressed up without a massive print or feeling very uncomfortable (as the holster and gun pressing on me too hard)

The only way it works for me is if I buy pants one size bigger then I normally wear. Otherwise I have the same problem.

The only way it works for me is if I buy pants one size bigger then I normally wear. Otherwise I have the same problem.
I figured this would be the solution for me too but based on how often I dress up I can't go buy another 20 new pairs. So for now pepper spray will do. I really can only carry in Jeans

I figured this would be the solution for me too but based on how often I dress up I can't go buy another 20 new pairs. So for now pepper spray will do. I really can only carry in Jeans

I would suggest looking into an ankle holster. Most every time I have to wear a tie I find an ankle rig goes best with it.

I have a Galco King Tuk for my Glock 27, but i had never tucked my shirt into it. It just doesn't seem like it would work very well.

Vedder Holsters Light Tuck is an excellent tuckable option and their service is excellent http://www.vedderholsters.com/lighttuck/. Tucking works well w dress clothes depending on your build and the size of the gun, usually I use it for short trips and when I'm at the office it goes in my pop out desk safe drawer. If I'm going to a long offsite meeting then I'll usually opt for ankle carry using the bug bite holster which Works fine for my P938 or my Shield. I can Tuck w dress and gold shirts and khakis no problem, no one can tell but over time the shirt does untuck a little looking a little rumpled.

Last edited:
I have a Galco King Tuk for my Glock 27, but i had never tucked my shirt into it. It just doesn't seem like it would work very well.
If the shirt is a bit baggy around the waist it can be reasonable, but I wouldn't wear it to work every day. If you are wearing a jacket and need to be certain you don't get made, tucking is a great 2nd layer of concealment in case the jacket exposes your hip.

I've been using a Kusiak Leather "Canted" holster with the "Tuckable" option, http://www.kusiakleather.com/ for a Ruger LC9S. I love how thin it is compared to other holsters. The belt clip is fairly stiff but I'd rather have that compared to too loose. Even though it's canted I wore it appendix carry for most of a long weekend a few weeks ago and it wasn't bad. A few times I tucked it in and it was reasonable. I have tried tucking in shirts into IWB holsters at 3-4 o'clock and to me it feels awkward. I'd buy another Kusiak for my other guns. The quality is excellent. It retains its shape very well. The pistol is snug but not too tight. Pepe (the owner of Kusiak) has an option where the clip is externally mounted with a screw so you could replace the clip with something else if you want. I have an Ulticlip https://www.ulticlip.com/ from a different holster I've considered trying with the Kusiak.

I also have a Remora https://www.remoraholsterstore.com/ IWB holster. I bought the "2 In 1" clip model but usually I don't use the clip at all since it sticks between my belt and body so well. If I had to do it again I'd just buy their inside the waistband holster without the clip. It's very comfortable for the LC9S since it is so small.

I also have a Remora https://www.remoraholsterstore.com/ IWB holster. I bought the "2 In 1" clip model but usually I don't use the clip at all since it sticks between my belt and body so well. If I had to do it again I'd just buy their inside the waistband holster without the clip. It's very comfortable for the LC9S since it is so small.

Another for remora...i have 1 for a g19 and 1 for a pps m2...I have been thinking about getting something with a clip or 2 for the pps and was looking at the "2 in 1"...sounds like it's not worth it

Yeah I didn't really think the clip was worth it on the Remora. The friction of their IWB model without a clip was enough for me. If it wasn't I'm probably carrying something too large. I'm not carrying a 1911 IWB.

For another option (which I haven't tried but just came out) is the Clinger Holsters "Comfort" model https://clingerholsters.com/product/comfort-cling-holster/ . For $20 I might give it a shot. I like the idea of a gel like interior layer as long as it doesn't make the holster too thick otherwise I won't use it.

Another for remora...i have 1 for a g19 and 1 for a pps m2...I have been thinking about getting something with a clip or 2 for the pps and was looking at the "2 in 1"...sounds like it's not worth it

I don't like IWB holsters. Never found them comfortable. If I'm concerned about concealing, which is almost never, I pocket carry. But I usually just use an OTWB hip holster. If someone sees it, they see it. I'm not a deep cover spy and I have an LTC so I never really cared too much if someone sees my gun. In thirty years of carrying no one else seems to care either.
I'm not a showboat either. I usually have an un tucked shirt or a light jacket providing some concealment, but it's less important to me than it seems to be for most folks.

AlienGear CloakTuck 2.0

The company name is stupid as **** but they make the best hybrid holster in the game. Lifetime warranty, free shell trades for life, and ships in 48 hours.

Crossbreed is nice but over time the leather blows out and your retention gets too loose. Aliengear has a steel insert so that doesn't happen. Plus I don't wanna wait a year to get my piece of leather with kydex bolted to it.

Milt Sparks PMK holsters work nice on behalf of me of late, to hold SP101 snubbies and a 4" Speed Six. i would like to undertake a Kramer Vertical sheath for my SIG P229, it being terribly near the straight-vertical Galco assaulter within which I carried a 1911 for quite few years.

Last edited:
I,have a crossbreed. I believe it was called the super tuck going on 6 years or so. It's held up fine.
Carries a SW4013. I,might get another but if I have to wait more than a week or so I might try something else.

Back
Top Bottom