• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Father, Believing He Was Confronting Armed Burglar, Fatally Shoots His Son

Breaking into his aunt's house? Some weirdness there.
Shortly after 1 a.m. on Thursday, a woman who lives at 7 Meetinghouse Hill Circle called her brother, identified as Jeffrey Giuliano, who lives next door. She told him that someone was trying to break into her home, police said.

He armed himself with a handgun and went outside to investigate, police said. They said he encountered a person dressed in black clothing and a black ski mask outside the house with a "shiny object" in his hand. Giuliano fired his gun, killing the masked intruder.

[Sample Our Free Breaking News Alert And 3 P.M. News Newsletters]

Police identified the victim as Tyler Giuliano, 15, of 9 Meetinghouse Hill Circle. New Fairfield First Selectman John Hodge and other sources said Tyler was the adopted son of Jeffrey Giuliano, 44, a local elementary school teacher.

From the video and text: kid wore ski mask, kid lunged at his armed father, kid PSGWSP. I'm really sorry that the father has to endure this, but while he pulled the trigger, the son was 100% responsible.

From the video and text: kid wore ski mask, kid lunged at his armed father, kid PSGWSP. I'm really sorry that the father has to endure this, but while he pulled the trigger, the son was 100% responsible.

This is true. I feel bad for the father and his sister.

Suicide by family?

-tapatalk blows chunks-

Agree but a tragedy nontheless. Wouldn't wish this on anyone. Man having to live with the fact that you killed your child. God be with them and help them get thru this.

+1

Still feel bad for the father. Even if he knew his son was a screw up there's no getting over you shot him yourself.

No matter what the kid was up to, the dad is going to have a world of shit to deal with now between his own grief, and the inevitable blame that his wife will throw on him. I have always feared something like this myself because we have older boys that no longer live with us, but have on occasions just showed up in the middle of the night to crash at our house if they were at a nearby party, or something. My wife has warned them to always try to call, or text even if they wake us up in the middle of the night for their own safety. An accident like that can really destroy a whole family. Very sad. It does bother me that they never identify in any of the videos exactly "what weapon" the kid was flashing around. It will be interesting to see if it ends up being an actual weapon, or something like a flashy cell phone case, or something. Either way, if you are prowling around in black clothes with a ski mask on at night, chances are good that you are up to "no good".

- - - Updated - - -

What the heck is "PSGWSP"?

Are any of you guys going out to look around for the bad guy? What if there are 3 of them and they are all armed?

Me, I am grabing the Glock and Mossberg and waiting for them from the comfort of my couch. I don't know, thats just me?

Are any of you guys going out to look around for the bad guy? What if there are 3 of them and they are all armed?

Me, I am grabing the Glock and Mossberg and waiting for them from the comfort of my couch. I don't know, thats just me?

if my MIL who lives next door calls me and tells me she thinks someone is breaking in your damn right I am.

if my MIL who lives next door calls me and tells me she thinks someone is breaking in your damn right I am.

That's the thing, it is very situation dependent. In this case, it was family who resided next door, and called for help. If it was just a neighbor (not family), then no way would I get involved beyond calling the police.

Does anyone know if this guy is likely to be charged with any type of a crime for this? I'm referring to a charge like "discharging a firearm within "X" number of feet of a dwelling", or something like that. I know they won't likely charge him with murder, or anything like that given the situation. I am pretty sure that in MA his LTC would be gone, though.

Very sad for the father having to live with killing your son ,but there is more going on than whats in the story . The neighbors have had break ins and probably the son has been up to no good . I feel for the Parents but sounds like junior was a bad boy and might have been up to more than Burglary. Sad all the way around.

Very sad for the father having to live with killing your son ,but there is more going on than whats in the story . The neighbors have had break ins and probably the son has been up to no good . I feel for the Parents but sounds like junior was a bad boy and might have been up to more than Burglary. Sad all the way around.

Well if that turns out to be the case then who better than his own dad to set things right?

That's the thing, it is very situation dependent. In this case, it was family who resided next door, and called for help. If it was just a neighbor (not family), then no way would I get involved beyond calling the police.

+1.

It's impossible to know how I would react in any given situation, but at least in MA I think I would stand by and watch someone get murdered rather than intervene with a firearm. Call the cops, but sticking your own neck out is a high-risk low-reward proposition.

I wish that wasn't the case, but at least in our area of the country society doesn't approve of doing things yourself. It's hard to feel too bad for people. They made their bed, let them lie in it.

Last edited:
This happened a few hundred yards from my house.

I will say this. The father was one of the nicest, most genuine people that I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.

He taught both of my kids, and he was easily the best teacher ever.

This is tragic all around.

Also note, there was a burglary/rape 48 hours earlier under a mile away. That had the whole town on edge.

Last edited:
whats a weird and unbelievable event....regardless what his kid was up to(doenst sound like anything good), knowing you took his life has got to be something he will think of daily for the rest of his life. I wouldnt wish that guilt on anyone

Back
Top Bottom