Father, 49, is charged with second degree murder two years after shooting dead his 20-year-old daughter's boyfriend after finding him hiding

Reptile

NES Member

Father, 49, is charged with second degree murder two years after shooting dead his 20-year-old daughter's boyfriend after finding him hiding in her bedroom after curfew​

• Charles Frederick Heller, 49, is accused of fatally shooting 21-year-old Dustyn Hunt inside his Everett, Washington home in February 2019
  • The shooting occurred after he found Hunt hiding in his daughter's room
  • Mr. Heller aimed a handgun at Hunt, ordering him to get dressed and leave
  • Hunt followed the order and apologized to the father as he yelled profanities
  • Noticing the gun was pointed in the direction of Mr. Heller's daughter, Hunt reportedly pushed the gun out of the way, causing Mr. Heller to fall down
  • A struggle ensued and Mr. Heller aimed his gun at Hunt's shoulder and fired
  • Hunt was fatally struck in the chest and died at the scene
  • Mr. Heller has been charged with second-degree murder nearly two years on
A Washington father has been charged with second degree murder, nearly two years after shooting dead his daughter’s boyfriend when he found him hiding in her bedroom after curfew.

Charles Frederick Heller, 49, is accused of fatally shooting 21-year-old Dustyn Hunt inside his Everett home in February 2019, after becoming angry that his daughter Lauryn Heller, then 20, had tried to sneak Hunt into her room for the night.

He reportedly armed himself before knocking on his daughter’s bedroom door to confront the couple. A struggle ensued between Mr. Heller and Hunt, and the father pulled the trigger of his semi-automatic handgun, striking Hunt once in the chest.

Tragic.

The dad could have been a granddad.

Father, 49, is charged with second degree murder two years after shooting dead his 20-year-old daughter's boyfriend after finding him hiding in her bedroom after curfew​

• Charles Frederick Heller, 49, is accused of fatally shooting 21-year-old Dustyn Hunt inside his Everett, Washington home in February 2019
  • The shooting occurred after he found Hunt hiding in his daughter's room
  • Mr. Heller aimed a handgun at Hunt, ordering him to get dressed and leave
  • Hunt followed the order and apologized to the father as he yelled profanities
  • Noticing the gun was pointed in the direction of Mr. Heller's daughter, Hunt reportedly pushed the gun out of the way, causing Mr. Heller to fall down
  • A struggle ensued and Mr. Heller aimed his gun at Hunt's shoulder and fired
  • Hunt was fatally struck in the chest and died at the scene
  • Mr. Heller has been charged with second-degree murder nearly two years on
A Washington father has been charged with second degree murder, nearly two years after shooting dead his daughter’s boyfriend when he found him hiding in her bedroom after curfew.

Charles Frederick Heller, 49, is accused of fatally shooting 21-year-old Dustyn Hunt inside his Everett home in February 2019, after becoming angry that his daughter Lauryn Heller, then 20, had tried to sneak Hunt into her room for the night.

He reportedly armed himself before knocking on his daughter’s bedroom door to confront the couple. A struggle ensued between Mr. Heller and Hunt, and the father pulled the trigger of his semi-automatic handgun, striking Hunt once in the chest.

Tragic.

The dad could have been a granddad.
He still could be technically

Recall that Coakley was going to charge the Chelmsford father with felony battery on his daughter's boyfriend until someone told her the dude was actually a serial killer truck driver from down south. [sarcasm off]

The daughter is 20. She doesn't want to follow house rules, then kick her the f*** out.
Yeah there's plenty of retard potential floating around in this event about the background of what led up to this.

Could go either way. Maybe the dad was some Evangelical or Morman guy off his rocker. Maybe the daughter was actually a drugged out hooker and the "boyfriend" is actually some MS13 pimp.

Impossible to tell based on the normal empty reporting.

My guess is this situation is exactly as it looks. If this dude gets offered a manslaughter deal he should take it.

The daughter is 20. She doesn't want to follow house rules, then kick her the f*** out.

My daughter wouldn't have dreamed of doing this - she knows I would have walked in on them dressed in a bathrobe and a Speedo and insisted on arm wrestling the lothario right then and there.

As for the deceased, he failed to learn you gotsta respect a man's prejudices, right or wrong, if you don't want to have them shoved up your a$$. You never f**k a man's daughter under his roof without his approval. You just don't. Although.....well, that was a long time ago. :)

I think I have some history in this matter. Have raised 2 daughters who are in their early 20's.

She's 20. Either live with her decisions or move out yourself, Dad.

Damn. My eldest/youngest was my oldest daughter's BF. He was odd man out when his mom left because of heroin. (She up and left.) No one in the family would take him. We took him in. It says DON'T DO THIS in the dad's handbook. Page one. Bold. Underlined. Italiced. Did it anyhow.

I had a good conversation with them. I knew I couldn't stop them from anything. But I didn't want them in the house alone. And I needed to have an idea of where they were during the day. That was it. And they were 17.

They respected me and my rules. And they've been married 3 years now. He is my 4th child for sure.

Your daughter is gonna screw someone whether you like it or not. You need to develop better coping and communication skills, Dad.

My daughter wouldn't have dreamed of doing this - she knows I would have walked in on them dressed in a bathrobe and a Speedo and insisted on arm wrestling the lothario right then and there.

As for the deceased, he failed to learn you gotsta respect a man's prejudices, right or wrong, if you don't want to have them shoved up your a$$. You never f**k a man's daughter under his roof without his approval. You just don't. Although.....well, that was a long time ago. :)
That would be a awkward ask

That would be a awkward ask

The first time I visited my girlfriend - now wife's - parents many years ago her mom just matter of factly put us in one bedroom. Was slightly awkward at the time as I recall.

You don't have to ask to know if you're good to go...or not.

The pantomime of the daughter leaving the house with the boyfriend hidden under the bed was a pretty good indication they both knew her parents were not on board with the plan.

She's 20. Either live with her decisions or move out yourself, Dad.

Damn. My eldest/youngest was my oldest daughter's BF. He was odd man out when his mom left because of heroin. (She up and left.) No one in the family would take him. We took him in. It says DON'T DO THIS in the dad's handbook. Page one. Bold. Underlined. Italiced. Did it anyhow.

I had a good conversation with them. I knew I couldn't stop them from anything. But I didn't want them in the house alone. And I needed to have an idea of where they were during the day. That was it. And they were 17.

They respected me and my rules. And they've been married 3 years now. He is my 4th child for sure.

Your daughter is gonna screw someone whether you like it or not. You need to develop better coping and communication skills, Dad.

That explains a lot. You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din.

Any chance she prepared the battlefield well ahead of time?

(You don't have to answer that - jus' sayin').

Her mom is a Manhattan limousine liberal nitwit, so she probably thought it was cool or something. Stepdad didn't care either way. I was surprised, didn't expect it.

The first time I visited my girlfriend - now wife's - parents many years ago her mom just matter of factly put us in one bedroom. Was slightly awkward at the time as I recall.

You don't have to ask to know if you're good to go...or not.

The pantomime of the daughter leaving the house with the boyfriend hidden under the bed was a pretty good indication they both knew her parents were not on board with the plan.
Same bedroom with GF or mom???

I understand the father being concerned. In short his objective is to keep the daughter off the pipe or pole. But yeah the gun seems a bit much... more info needed

When I was a teenager I used to visit my girlfriend at her
Grandparent's apartment. We slept on the living room floor
together. Her Father was in the second bedroom. They all
Loved me when I came and stayed there.

Grandmother caught us once in the middle of the night doing the nasty.
She just darted into the bathroom. Not a word said later.

When her mother took her to Planned Parenthood to get her on Birth control,
I went with them. I also went into the Exam Room while her mother stayed
out in the waiting room.

Malodave

When I was a teenager I used to visit my girlfriend at her
Grandparent's apartment. We slept on the living room floor
together. Her Father was in the second bedroom. They all
Loved me when I came and stayed there.

Grandmother caught us once in the middle of the night doing the nasty.
She just darted into the bathroom. Not a word said later.

When her mother took her to Planned Parenthood to get her on Birth control,
I went with them. I also went into the Exam Room while her mother stayed
out in the waiting room.

Malodave
In high school all school sports required a physical. At the doctors office I was to wait in the exam room. To get there I had to pass another exam room that had the door slightly ajar.

I had a look and one of my hot female classmates was in stirrups and the doctor was looking under the hood feeling around.

That was a day I will never forget.

You got the prize though Melodave.

Boy should he known how to act a little better with a gun pointed in his direction! He learned the hard way, his choice.

Back
Top Bottom