• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Fatal Shooting in Worcester by Westborough LTC holder UPDATE: Guilty of Involuntary Manslaughter! 4-7 Year Sentence with 77 Days Credit.

Everything does.

Because any news, no matter how newsworthy one thinks it is, becomes quite stale, quite quickly, as it gets inundated with fresh news.each.new.day.
and @slap shot

Sometimes the news doesn't like where things went.

Remember during the early Trump years there were a few guys arrested for putting up Patriot Front posters? Was the first time I'd heard of PF, liberals went out of their minds, it made big news. I used to work with one of them.

Try to find a follow up, you won't. I suspect it's because the only guy who challenged the charges got the whole arrest tossed for being unconstitutional.

Are there? You are asserting this as a fact. Tell me, specifically, which instances you are talking about.
Do you watch the news or read the internet?
I'll wait for the next shooting in Roxbury, Mattapan, Dorchester, Springfield, etc. and email you the link to the story of how the shooter is a convicted felon either out on probation or awaiting trial. Are you telling me you haven't been paying attention to the Left's assertion that the Justice system is racist, the elimination of cash bail?
Since the media now refuses to identify by race the shooters we'll have to use our imagination and name recognition to ID the shooter as a minority.

Do you watch the news or read the internet?
I'll wait for the next shooting in Roxbury, Mattapan, Dorchester, Springfield, etc. and email you the link to the story of how the shooter is a convicted felon either out on probation or awaiting trial. Are you telling me you haven't been paying attention to the Left's assertion that the Justice system is racist, the elimination of cash bail?
Since the media now refuses to identify by race the shooters we'll have to use our imagination and name recognition to ID the shooter as a minority.
Sorry. I've been too busy in court to pay attention to the news. In MA dangerousness is a completely separate determination than bail. In MA, many of my cases that merely included the possession of a gun, without any threatening conduct, still resulted in a finding of dangerousness and often resulted in the defendant being held on dangerousness. However, if it makes you feel better, the one time that I recall defending someone with a gun charge who wasn't held or found dangerous the defendant was white.

Update on case:

It appears that the dangerousness hearing set for yesterday was rescheduled for February 9. There is no indictment in superior court yet. This hearing may have been rescheduled in anticipation for an indictment in which case superior court would have its hearing. Interestingly, he is held in Middlesex HOC. Not sure why there as opposed to Worcester.

Update on case:

It appears that the dangerousness hearing set for yesterday was rescheduled for February 9. There is no indictment in superior court yet. This hearing may have been rescheduled in anticipation for an indictment in which case superior court would have its hearing. Interestingly, he is held in Middlesex HOC. Not sure why there as opposed to Worcester.
The January 6, 2021 treatment eh.......

Sorry. I've been too busy in court to pay attention to the news. In MA dangerousness is a completely separate determination than bail. In MA, many of my cases that merely included the possession of a gun, without any threatening conduct, still resulted in a finding of dangerousness and often resulted in the defendant being held on dangerousness. However, if it makes you feel better, the one time that I recall defending someone with a gun charge who wasn't held or found dangerous the defendant was white.
So eboos, are you asserting that there's no minorities running around Ma. cities out on bail after committing a violent gun crime?
What court are you at/in?

Update on case:

May it’s a request from his lawyer because it’s easier for the lawyer to meet with the client. Could be many things

So eboos, are you asserting that there's no minorities running around Ma. cities out on bail after committing a violent gun crime?
What court are you at/in?
Westborough and Worcester. It is your argument, your burden to prove. You are stating that a condition exists, but you are not offering any proof of it other than a general sentiment that the country is awash with minorities out on bail or PR after committing a violent gun crime (with an illegal gun). In a burden shift, you are asking me to prove that such a condition does not exist and nevertheless I've done so through my firsthand experiences working within the courts. If you can point to one case where your position is correct I will gladly spend one hour standing in downtown Worcester holding a sign saying what a dumbass I am.

All this talk of "dangerousness" reminds me of the Manchester-By-The-Sea thing.

u a lawyer or something? how much it cost to hire u? i will need a lawyer if i ever get in trouble lol.

Update on case:

Pre-wu-flu a dangerousness hearing took place a week after the arraignment.

Westborough and Worcester. It is your argument, your burden to prove. You are stating that a condition exists, but you are not offering any proof of it other than a general sentiment that the country is awash with minorities out on bail or PR after committing a violent gun crime (with an illegal gun). In a burden shift, you are asking me to prove that such a condition does not exist and nevertheless I've done so through my firsthand experiences working within the courts. If you can point to one case where your position is correct I will gladly spend one hour standing in downtown Worcester holding a sign saying what a dumbass I am.
Never said you're a dumbass, you know leftist judges don't believe in the law when dealing with minorities. Just look at the Newton Judge who let the illegal Felon out the back door while ICE was waiting to arrest him. You're right, there's NO violent criminals out on bail who have been accused of shooting someone in Ma., it must be a bad dream.

The lack of news or information regarding this case is surprising. Why no upgraded/added charges? Seems past due for an indictment if there is anything that can stick. If they don't have the evidence to make a case, release this guy - refile once/if you do.
Because it's guilty until proven innocent. Can't have people thinking they can defend themselves.

@eboos is it possible they moved the guy to Middlesex because of the possibility that something screwy is going on in Worcester County and the prosecutor is trying to ameliorate that / pave over it somehow by relocating the accused?

The lack of news or information regarding this case is surprising. Why no upgraded/added charges? Seems past due for an indictment if there is anything that can stick. If they don't have the evidence to make a case, release this guy - refile once/if you do.
The "process" is the punishment.

@eboos is it possible they moved the guy to Middlesex because of the possibility that something screwy is going on in Worcester County and the prosecutor is trying to ameliorate that / pave over it somehow by relocating the accused?

Just spitballing. Could the shooter be politically connected to someone or a relative of a cop? They have be trying to quietly bury it like with bakers kid. The whole thing including the shooting is strange

Just spitballing. Could the shooter be politically connected to someone or a relative of a cop? They have be trying to quietly bury it like with bakers kid. The whole thing including the shooting is strange
Or the dead guy is....

The "quietness" tells me the dead guy is likely a POS and the state has some role in why that guy was free..... or there's some prosecurial malfeasance going on that they're trying to cover up....
absolutely.

what are you Mass people going to do when they give the american charges for putting down a violent illegal?

Back
Top Bottom