~ Fastest Gun In The West ~

You've got to give this guy some credit. He shoots 5 targets with 5 shots in under 1 second, with a single action! Is he shooting bullets or does he possibly have shot shells in that thar sixgun? Are they red balloons that will burst if the metal around them are hit? Even so that's quick, no bout-a-doubt it. [rockon]

>>> Check out the video:

http://www.break.com/index/fastest_gun_in_the_west.html

They're probably the same sort of target that Bill Jordan and Thell Reid used to use. The balloons are inflated so that they hold the edges of the metal rigns in which they're inserted apart, breaking a circuit. When the balloons are hit, the rings come together, completing the timer circuit. Annie Oakley and some of the other early trick shot artists used shot shells, but I believe that shooters like Jordan, Reid, McGivern or Jerry Miculek use (or used) solid rounds.

Ken

Hell, some people could do that with a slingshot, On Horeseback; no less

The trick is to use about a dozen BB’s in the pouch of the slingshot. In other words, it’s a shotgun load with rubber bands instead of gunpowder providing the push. The cheapness of both the weapon and its ammunition, its lightness, its freedom from noise—all help make the slingshot a really versatile device. You can unlimber it without fear in areas where the mere sight of a firearm of any kind brings police radio cars with their sirens screeching.

The real secret of accurate slingshooting is proper ammunition. The size of the balls isn’t important but their shape is. They must be perfectly round. If they aren’t, they corkscrew all over the sky. Standard shot in all sizes from No. 12 up to No. 00 and steel or lead balls or ball bearings up to 5/8-inch diameter are being used with success. For shooting at paper targets, No. 10, 9 or 8 shot is about right. For herding cattle, training dogs and routing nocturnal cats, BB’s or No. 3 buckshot will sting without hurting. For winged game, scatter loads of BB’s with full pull on the rubbers will produce effective patterns
Warrior.target.jpg

On the serious side: I was watching a SASS show on TV a couple of weeks ago and there was a kid about 15 or 16 that had Two six shooters and hit 12 targets lightning fast. How he fanned the hammer is beyound me. The kid said that he just held down the triggers and fanned to shoot. He did not miss and the targets were multiple locations and distances and shapes. Even had a couple that worked like traps were he hit the bottom target and it flipped some bottles in the air that he then hit. He then picked up a lever action rifle and a old sytyle shotgun and did the same.

LINK to SASS
http://www.sassnet.com/

The "KID" was interviewed and one of his secreat tricks was to squirt Toothpaste into a new revolver and shoot it without bulets a few thousand times while watching TV just to looseten up the action and polish everything. What do you gunsmith guys think about doing that? I have a colt Navy .36 that could use a good dental hygenist. I'll have to nickname it "Flossy" when Im finished

WAX Bulletts: Im gonna have to try that. Dont they melt from the flash of the black powder?

Last edited:
I'm not a gunsmith, but I have heard about the toothpaste trick before. I've never had the guts to try it, besides, that's another reason I like used guns - someone else has already broken them in. I think the key is using the whitening kind, that has the little grit in them to help polish the surfaces while dry firing.

WAX Bulletts: Im gonna have to try that. Dont they melt from the flash of the black powder?

They use modified cartridges. The primer hole is enlarged to hold a shotshell primer. It's wax with primer only, or it's just powder with a dot of paper on top. the wax breaks up into a spray and breaks the balloon, or the powder particles break the balloon.

The guns are timed slow so that when it's fanned, the cylinder weight carries it into the locks, otherwise the gun would batter apart quickly.

I’ve learned more than I thought about the ins & outs of “trick” shooting from you good folks. I just wish the guy that did the shooting showed the gun and what ammo he used. They could have shown gun and ammo just before the event but now that they didn’t if makes you wonder if it truly was on the up-n-up!

Here’s some “frad” gals trying and enjoying their first experience with firearms at an indoor range. I just wonder who does the cleaning up after all the plinking? At least it looks like they spread some plastic drop cloths around.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=cms.goto&_i=9cd91769-4698-4b01-9a87-0a0c378b0dcd&_u=http%3a%2f%2fwww.myspace.com%2fradgirls

Back
Top Bottom