• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Fast LTC-A Renewal Time?

Hopefully, I won't be needing this card much longer, but I thought it was a pretty quick turn around for my renewal - about 2-weeks. Is this the norm? When I read these stories about long waits, I wonder if it's a faster track for a renewal than a new license.

Hopefully, I won't be needing this card much longer, but I thought it was a pretty quick turn around for my renewal - about 2-weeks. Is this the norm? When I read these stories about long waits, I wonder if it's a faster track for a renewal than a new license.

The norm is usually over a month... . your PD probably doesn't suck, or actually takes the rights of its citizens that it serves seriously.

Anything under a month I would qualify as "rare". 2 weeks probably means they processed it immediately upon receipt.

-Mike

The norm is usually over a month... . your PD probably doesn't suck, or actually takes the rights of its citizens that it serves seriously.

Anything under a month I would qualify as "rare". 2 weeks probably means they processed it immediately upon receipt.

-Mike

Yeah, small town. Both our chief and our full-time patrolman are super constitutionally sound. I was surprised, as I was late to file, (tracking down anyone here is sometimes difficult). I wasn't expecting it until well into December/January, but our patrolman pulled in behind me this morning and handed it to me. We're off the giant shingle LTC's as well - got the new style.

A friend of mine had to wait something like four months for a renewal in Medford, about three years ago. I ended up holding his stuff for him because his license expired with no answer from the PD as to how long it'd take. Two weeks is wicked good.

A friend of mine had to wait something like four months for a renewal in Medford, about three years ago. I ended up holding his stuff for him because his license expired with no answer from the PD as to how long it'd take. Two weeks is wicked good.

Ugh - 4 months??? That's just insane...Almost as insane as needing one of these stupid things in the first place...

Yeah, small town. Both our chief and our full-time patrolman are super constitutionally sound. I was surprised, as I was late to file, (tracking down anyone here is sometimes difficult). I wasn't expecting it until well into December/January, but our patrolman pulled in behind me this morning and handed it to me. We're off the giant shingle LTC's as well - got the new style.

That's the type of service you usually only hear about in NH. (where the LEO hand delivers it!) When the state sends you your PIN (I think it comes in a letter) make sure to program it in your cell phone somewhere.... murphy has a way of making your fingerprint not work when you really want to buy a gun. [laugh]

-Mike

That's the type of service you usually only hear about in NH. (where the LEO hand delivers it!) When the state sends you your PIN (I think it comes in a letter) make sure to program it in your cell phone somewhere.... murphy has a way of making your fingerprint not work when you really want to buy a gun. [laugh]

-Mike

I really think that our town is much like Mark's. They ONLY issue LTC-A:ALP. Either that or denied. My friend had his expire, he went up to the police station and asked what's going to happen? They told him, "As long as you don't leave the house with them, you're fine." Then they did his app the next morning when the Sgt was working. My wife called up to find out when she could get her app processed. The Sgt said that he was there now, and if she can come in, he'll do it now. She was in and out in less that 15 minutes, and her permit was back in just a few weeks. That was a Sat morning. I've done a renewal on a Sunday Monring because that's when he was working.

Like Mark's town. I think that there are some towns that take the rights of their citizens serious. I'm just glad that like Mark, I live in one as well. Too bad the rest of the State doesn't feel this way.

-Mike

Mike, my PIN was in the envelope with my license. All of it was hand-delivered to me this morning. I really do live in a good town...Thanks for the suggestion though. I lost count at the number of people who buy a gun at DSG, their fingerprints won't take and they have no PIN - or any idea they even have a PIN.

I really think that our town is much like Mark's. They ONLY issue LTC-A:ALP. Either that or denied. My friend had his expire, he went up to the police station and asked what's going to happen? They told him, "As long as you don't leave the house with them, you're fine." Then they did his app the next morning when the Sgt was working. My wife called up to find out when she could get her app processed. The Sgt said that he was there now, and if she can come in, he'll do it now. She was in and out in less that 15 minutes, and her permit was back in just a few weeks. That was a Sat morning. I've done a renewal on a Sunday Monring because that's when he was working.

Like Mark's town. I think that there are some towns that take the rights of their citizens serious. I'm just glad that like Mark, I live in one as well. Too bad the rest of the State doesn't feel this way.

Amen...

Back
Top Bottom