Fast Draw

My first thought was: "Man, Bob is awfully full of himself"...Then he wrote the check and cashed it... As to the cameraman, I'b bet it was a long distance remote camera, (they had them then - think golf), but seriously, I'd have no qualms about standing downrange from this guy...Well, maybe now - he's likely old and shaky... [smile]

yup his ego is bigger than his hands are fast...and they are fast..for sure.

I've heard that his description of his record are a little exaggerated too.

Nonetheless, he's one crazy fast dude....you gotta give him that.

..... he's likely old and shaky... [smile]

He's still a sick shot even today. He's one of the featured shooter on Impossible Shots on the Outdoor Channel. Last season (I think recorded in 2009) he split a playing card tossed in the air, opened a safety pin without damaging it and made a 600 yard shot with a .44 magnum on a 9-12 in balloon just to name a few of the ridiculous shots he's made. If he's old and shaky then I must be oscillating like a brass tumbler. [laugh] But Pilgrim is right, it's amazing how the world could contain his ego, it really is that big.

When you can shoot that fast you have the right to have a huge ego, no brag, just fact. This guy still has it even today.

When you can shoot that fast you have the right to have a huge ego, no brag, just fact. This guy still has it even today.
The problem that I have with today's "self esteem" teaching is that they are teaching kids to feel good about themselves even though they haven't achieved diddly.

Bob Munden can shoot. His self esteem is based on his achievements.

The problem that I have with today's "self esteem" teaching is that they are teaching kids to feel good about themselves even though they haven't achieved diddly.

Bob Munden can shoot. His self esteem is based on his achievements.

Very well said

Besides being an amazing shooter, he is about the best gunsmith I know of for working on single action revolvers. I sent two Colt SAA"s to him for accurizing and trigger work. The photos below show the results of his work. These test targets were shot at 15 yards and show six shots on each target (using a rest).

1006868834_ieVzo-L.jpg

1006898258_7mNko-L.jpg

Camareman is safe he's shooting wax bullets or something like that.

Not Wax. Black Powder Blanks. Thy act a bit like a shotgun shell. The hot embers are what take out the ballons. The SASS Mounted shooters use them for ballons at shoots.

Even with that being said. He's still VERY fast and he can shoot. He was on a series and he was shooting a Snub nosed revolver at 100 yards and hitting his targets.

And I'm betting it was a remote camera.

Back
Top Bottom