• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Fast-draw, sharp-shooter, Bob Munden of Butte, dies of heart attack

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
RIP to a great man. Condolences to his Wife and Family!

http://mtstandard.com/news/local/fast-draw-sharp-shooter-bob-munden-of-butte-dies-of/article_54842c70-43f9-11e2-94af-001a4bcf887a.html

Fast-draw, sharp-shooter, Bob Munden of Butte, dies of heart attack

Bob Munden, known perhaps equally as a fierce Fast-Draw competitor who was recognized by Guinness World Records as The Fastest Man with a Gun Who Ever Lived, died Monday in a Butte hospital.

Munden, 70, a long-time Butte resident, was an entertainer as well as a master gun smith who developed groundbreaking methods of customizing to perfection the beloved .45 caliber single action revolver and other guns, died Monday of heart failure.

Munden’s wife and performance partner, Becky, said Tuesday, she was driving home with Bob after treatment at a Missoula hospital for what doctors described as a mild heart attack.

At some point between Missoula and their home in Butte, Munden said he was experiencing chest pains, and later died.

The 70-year-old shooting sports superstar was pronounced dead at St. James Heathcare in Butte.

Born Feb. 8, 1942, in Kansas City, Mo., Munden began his professional shooting career at age 11 in Big Bear Lake, Calif. While still in high school, Bob placed second in a competition known as the Leatherslap.

After years of competing in fast draw, Bob and Becky performed together beginning in 1968, emphasizing the importance of gun safety when they went on tour in 1969 for the National School Assembly Program.

<read the rest at the URL above>

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Man, I had seen him a few times on TV recently. If only I had known he lived in Butte when I lived in Missoula.... Would have been cool to see some trick shots in person

I saw him perform live at a car dealership in '90 or '91. I didn't even know he was going to be there, I just happened to be making a delivery and got to watch him from about 15 feet away at his 3 o'clock.

Video cannot do justice to his speed. He could draw, fire, and reholster and you literally could not see the gun out of the holster. If he was fanning anything less than four shots, it just looked like a big flinch, with one continuous "bang".

RIP

So what was his best shot? I like hitting the balloon at 200 yards with a belt buckle single shot .22

Back
Top Bottom