FAS1 Safe

Tall order, but hopefully someone can help.

does anyone have a FAS1 safe and a P226 with a SWAT 20 rounder that could please check for me if it fits? Contemplating one for bedside.

thanks,

I’m not sure what a FAS1 safe is, or a so called SWAT 20 rounder, but why not just have 2 15rd mags? One in the pistol and one as a quickly pocketable back up/spare just for GP in case your one mag fails for some reason?

What I do is run a 20 round mag with a 20 round spare, over kill, I know, but since I have it...

This is a fas1 safe, its a pretty heavy built mechanical safe meant to be a bedside safe. Its spring loaded so makes grabbing the gun faster, and the simplex lock should be very reliable:

I just ordered it, so ill post the results when I get it.

And this is a swat mag, its a preban 20 round mag for the P226, I guess SWAT used it:

View: https://imgur.com/uk1x0F6

It's probably going to be easier to measure the gun w/mag and compare it to the safe's interior specs than find someone with that same setup.

What I do is run a 20 round mag with a 20 round spare, over kill, I know, but since I have it...

This is a fas1 safe, its a pretty heavy built mechanical safe meant to be a bedside safe. Its spring loaded so makes grabbing the gun faster, and the simplex lock should be very reliable:

I just ordered it, so ill post the results when I get it.

And this is a swat mag, its a preban 20 round mag for the P226, I guess SWAT used it:

View: https://imgur.com/uk1x0F6

Understood. Hope it works out for you.
Also, there’s no such thing as a swat mag. That’s just silly.

It's probably going to be easier to measure the gun w/mag and compare it to the safe's interior specs than find someone with that same setup.

Might be tight if the 20 rounder protrudes quite a bit...

34183b742a4ad92b558ca1d90a8e075f

Looks pretty close on this Glock...
Could be the RMR though.

5a214a7dbdbfda18aa201f47854c979d

And the way it sits looks like a "Pinch & Pull" draw. Too close for my fat fingers when milliseconds count...

Understood. Hope it works out for you.
Also, there’s no such thing as a swat mag. That’s just silly.

That's just what the P226 2-round mags with the reinforced spine are called, and pretty much always have been. Guess what? There's no such thing as "tactical," either, but that word appears a lot, too. No need to bust anyone's balls over it.

Like here, and here, and here, etc.

That's just what the P226 2-round mags with the reinforced spine are called, and pretty much always have been. Guess what? There's no such thing as "tactical," either, but that word appears a lot, too. No need to bust anyone's balls over it.

Like here, and here, and here, etc.

I didn’t realize Sig made 2 rd mags. And I wasn’t busting his balls over anything, just stating the gayness in which some folks (not the OP, he’s just repeating what he heard) name things thinking it makes them cooler.

Whoops. You caught my typo. The 2-round magazine is the NY SAFE version. f***ing keyboard.

I was just commenting it was a widely used term to refer to these mags, among distributors, retailers, etc. It's no more gay than "turbo," "tactical," "improved," "+P+," etc. which, now that I think about them, are all pretty gay....:eek:

Not yet. I did order it, they have just had a serious backlog on the extra locking system. Once I set it up ill post a picture.
Im thinking it will be way too tight, but the safe seems to be exactly what im looking for, so ill give it a shot. Ill update once I have it.

This hobby is getting expensive. The "one safe I needed for the 1 handgun, honey" quickly overflowed haha.

@Eugenio.FV did you setup the FAS yet?

Just got it, I ordered the magnum size with light holster and extra key thing, as well as the carpeted interior. Im honestly impressed with it. Pops open fast, thick steel, and makes reaching it a snap. the P226 with Swat mag also fits perfectly and closes, with the caveat that I have to snap on the retaining strap that holds the pistol in place. otherwise the weight of the gun makes it slump down and wont clear the opening when i open or close it. With the strap on, that flicks open easily with the thumb, it doesnt hit any metal. Im happy I get to keep the swat mag in it!

If its for the bedroom, im happy I went with the magnum. This isze is def too big for a car, but its perfect for the P226.

Now to add blocking to the wall and bolt it in place, my wife will love me.

Back
Top Bottom