1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Fantasy Basketball?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Moderator, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Moderator

Moderator Moderator NES Member

I am addicted to NES Fantasy XXXXX. I haven't payed much attention to NASCAR in 10 years, but Fantasy NASCAR brought me back to it. Football, I could take or leave, but for the past 2 years NES fantasy football has got me watching again.

Whats next? Basketball. I have only been to one game in my life. I don't think I have ever watched a full game on TV. I couldn't name 10 current players, but I want to do another fantasy league. Anyone up for a quick draft? Say within the week if we can get enough interest? I would not feel comfortable being commissioner, because of my lack of knowledge to the sport.

2. dreppucci007

dreppucci007 Moderator NES Member

Count me in as usual, BJ.

3. Bassturd

Bassturd NES Member

A league can be set up on yahoo for free and without a bunch of knowledge. It's pretty easy to do.

Head to Head match-up style league.

Use 9 standard scoring categories: Points, 3 point baskets, Rebounds, Assists, Steals, Blocks, Turnovers (fewer turnovers is good), FT% and FG%. You get a point in the W column for each category you win, a point in the L column for each category you lose, and 1 point in the T column for each category that is tied. Top 6 high scores make the playoffs. a point in the W column is worth 1 and a point in the T column is worth .5.

12 teams is a good number, with 14 or so players on the team. Start 1 PG, 1 SG, 1 G (either), 1 SF, 1 PF, 1 F (either), 1 C and 1 Util (any)

Commish doesn't have to do anything but set up the league, unless the people in the league want the commish to have to approve/disapprove trades.

Leagues match teams up against each other for week long periods. You can set up the league so that people can set their line-up daily during that week or so that they set it once a week for the week. The advantage of daily is that you can make adjustments if a player gets injured. The advantage of weekly is that you don't have to pay as much attention.

If you have any other questions post them here and I will try to answer :)

4. Dirtypacman

Dirtypacman NES Door Greeter

I have never done the Basketball one and may not be very good at it but I would certainly be up for it.

I have followed almost every game for the past 2 years so I atleast know a decent amount of players.

5. thalife

thalife

i'm give it a go even tho my NES fantasy teams aren't doing very well