Fanny Pack holster

So I decided to get into hiking this summer and with any outdoor activity I like to have the essentials. I felt a small pack of some kind would be idea for traipsing through the woods and getting some well needed exercise. Since carrying firearms in state parks is now legal I began to think of what kind of carry system I would be using in the event some critter comes my way or the more likely bank robber hiding out in the woods! (JK). I decided on a fanny pack (carry my gun and some junk) carry system but, after looking at the majority of options online they were all over priced, ugly, and just screamed "GUN PACK".

After some research on the interwebs I found a great video by Nutinfancy and decided to use some of his ideas and make my own version.

This is my first attempt and unfortunately I am waiting to find someone I know that has a sewing machine. I can stitch pretty well but this is to much work for hand stitching. But the gun doesn't move at all, and is easy to draw. Gun in the pics is a Glock30 to give you a size reference and my total cost invested is around $6.

Anyways it looks kinda goofy but it wont look silly when im hiking or bike riding around the wood.

213qfk1.jpg

2zhe448.jpg

2hejyus.jpg

Sorry about the pics I couldn't figure out how to rotate them, they kept changing when uploaded.

The anti-fanny pack crowd will show up here shortly. I regularly use a fanny pack in the summer while hiking or canoeing. Sometimes it gives you a chance to carry when circumstances wouldn't allow you to do so otherwise.

The anti-fanny pack crowd will show up here shortly. I regularly use a fanny pack in the summer while hiking or canoeing. Sometimes it gives you a chance to carry when circumstances wouldn't allow you to do so otherwise.
Your 100% right. I can wear a tank top and gym shorts and just clip the fanny pack on. It is perfect for hiking and places where the only person judging you are trees and shrubs. Functionally it works well and I wont have a pool of sweat wear my Crossbreed normally sits not to mention have the added mobility. I showed my wife a picture and her reply was " is this a april fools joke"

I would certainly never wear that in a populated place, but for hiking, etc., should be fine. I see people in the woods with a fanny pack all the time.

It works. If you're good with it, rock and roll.

If someone gives you the look, give them the panda

pandadealwthit.gif

In the world where fast weapon presentation is king, fanny packers are disadvantaged.

Perhaps, if you do not train presenting the weapon from the pack, then yeah, you might be at a disadvantage. But I can say the same thing for the person with a non-broken-in IWB who hasn't trained with it either. These days I only wear mine when hiking/running, but 15 or so years ago when I bought the one I have now and wore it more often, I spent plenty of time training with it and I could get it out and hit the threat in less than 5 seconds. Which is much faster then it takes most people to draw and hit the threat with an IWB or some other setup. I actually did a IDPA match with it once down in Virginia.

I know when I went through HRP (High Risk Personnel school) back in the day, we spent a good day just drawing and shooting from the fanny pack.

The key is training. Any gear can be a hindrance if you never train with it.

I have that exact pack.....did you get it at Wal Mart too?? My Bodyguard fits nicely in the mesh pocket in the big pocket with 2 spare mags...with pockets for my wallet as well....Nice for sweatpants and shorts.....

Have a look at a SafePacker from The Wilderness. I attach to my backpack waist belt or sling over a shoulder with a strap. Hold a pistol and 1 extra mag. Very unobtrusive - I carry past the cops with sub guns at Soth Station without a 2nd glance.

I have that exact pack.....did you get it at Wal Mart too?? My Bodyguard fits nicely in the mesh pocket in the big pocket with 2 spare mags...with pockets for my wallet as well....Nice for sweatpants and shorts.....
Yea I got the pack in the camping section at walmart. That little pocket is great, I could actually fit my glock 26 in there and zip it up. It did take a while to get it back out again but, it was very secure.

5.11 makes one that is twenty or so bucks and is tiny and does not scream "gun" fits in with any outdoor activity easily all, others are to big and everyone knows whats in them.

Nice looking rig and I bet it's as quick as you say it is.[thumbsup][thumbsup]

I prefer to keep mags where the flashlight is located in those pics.
I don't like my mags horizontal and the pouches just barely fit a Glock 19 magazine. it would take work to get it out.

Each of the top corners of the front flap has a small D ring on it. If you move your zippers in the right place the D rings can be used to rapidly open the flap (from either side).

What I like about this is that the muzzle goes into the sides of the fanny pack. The main compartment looks square and unsuspecting.
There are also built in belt keepers on the back of this fanny pack if you want to use them.

Back
Top Bottom