Family of AR-15 inventor Eugene Stoner: He didn't intend it for civilians

I bet they are getting hate mail and trying to divert it.

He design and built it for the military. FACT
He didn't want civilians to own it. OPINION

It is hard to know what a dead persons thoughts are if they don't know. If they had a letter with him saying he never wants the design to be available to the public ill believe it. They are saying "we feel" his intent was to not be used outside of the military.

That's cute that they think that. Says he didn't even own one- but frankly I don't think this really even means anything, he may simply think that he did not have a use for one. So where was the complaining when JFK got gifted one by the NRA back then? (I'm going to guess Stoner was still alive at that point).

For every Eugene Stoner or whoever that may or may not have had the willies about "making a gun for civilians" as a counterpoint I could give you a Ronnie Barrett, John Noveske (RIP) or any number of other guncrafters that are incontrovertible defenders of citizen's rights to own their creations.

-Mike

That's cute that they think that. Says he didn't even own one- but frankly I don't think this really even means anything, he may simply think that he did not have a use for one. So where was the complaining when JFK got gifted one by the NRA back then? (I'm going to guess Stoner was still alive at that point).

For every Eugene Stoner or whoever that may or may not have had the willies about "making a gun for civilians" as a counterpoint I could give you a Ronnie Barrett, John Noveske (RIP) or any number of other guncrafters that are incontrovertible defenders of citizen's rights to own their creations.

-Mike

I'll give you St. John Moses Browning ... giver of guns to people at affordable prices

honestly, this is ****ing horseshit discussion. If those mothe****ers have a problem with AR-15, let them re-pay all the money that their family took in, until that happens they need to pack their mouth with shit, as Russians would say.

Maybe the family is pissed that the patents have expired and they are not getting any money. Stoner created a company to produce a new idea in firearms, that's it. He got a military contract and yahoo he was successful. He died in 1997 so he had seen the beginning rise of Americas gun being the AR-15 and he never spoke about it directly. These folks need to let the guy rest in peace and leave it alone.

Donate all your family money to the victims. Wash your guilt off with cash and not with opinion.

I like how the family feels the need to share this information with the world but are too chickenshit to do so in their own names.

They requested individual anonymity in order to speak freely about such a sensitive topic.

I'll give you St. John Moses Browning ... giver of guns to people at affordable prices

honestly, this is ****ing horseshit discussion. If those mothe****ers have a problem with AR-15, let them re-pay all the money that their family took in, until that happens they need to pack their mouth with shit, as Russians would say.
God gave us John Browning so god wanted us to have a perfect gun.

God gave us John Browning so god wanted us to have a perfect gun.

well, I don't know about perfect, but Browning's story was a perfect example of an American filling the niche to manufacture good quality, affordable guns that were a hit out west. Those guns were made as guns, protection, hunting etc. there were none of the political bullshit or remorse. There are some really good documentaries on Browning's early years and it fills this argument perfectly. He made great guns without any political apologist or agenda, like an engineer build bridges or cars. ... this was before many Americans become libtarded.

My Colt SP1 dates back to the early 1970's ,so Stoner knew very well that the AR's were being made,and sold to the civilian market.His family is so full of shit.

Civilians didn't own AR's before 1997 ?
Well damn, I learn something new every day. [puke][puke][puke]
I love it when people put words in a dead man's mouth.

Stoner may have designed the gun for "military" purposes but really if he had this not for civilian thing going he then might as well not be for the constitution. After all are we not as US citizens supposed to be as well armed as any standing army...ohh wait not supposed to really have that either..... really need attention don't they.

-Mike
Their most likely response was that JFK, being the POTUS, was also Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces. Ronald Reagan carried a personally-owned .38 revolver during his time in the White House. When a Secret Service agent asked him what it was for, Reagan replied that it is for his personal defense if the bad guy gets past the agents. IIRC, Nancy also kept a handgun in the White House for personal protection as well.

Civilians didn't own AR's before 1997 ?
Well damn, I learn something new every day. [puke][puke][puke]
I love it when people put words in a dead man's mouth.

I owned one in 1978...where the hell do these people get their information?

I thought that the ar-10 predated the -15 and was originally offered to the public while going for the .mil contract (which he needed to size down to the 5.56 cartridge )? I'm sure wiki has all this but I'm on a phone and being lazy...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom