• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

family members covid vax required?

This. I’d have less of a problem if they have an at risk person in the house and asked people to test ahead of time or wear a surgical mask. Vaxx requirement is beyond pointless.

Also, how many more Christmases do they think a 90+ year old is going to have? Statistically speaking they won’t make it to the next one. Personally, I’d want to see my relatives at that age rather than probably miss seeing them for the last time.
Meh, I take a different approach. Always spend time with people so if it is the last time you see them you won't have any regrets.

I spent years of my life with my grand parents, they would pick me up for lunch at school every day, I would go to their summer house 3 months every year, they would take me to sports events on weekends and when they fly up north I try to see them every week ...

When COVID happened and they said they didn't want to see me if I wasn't vaccinated, I had no problem telling them they wouldn't see me, it was their choice, not mine. Fully aware that my grandfather is 88. I have spent enough time with them already.

I did get a chance to see them when they backed down on their stupid requirement and will see them again in January when I go to Florida.

But I would have no problem if they made up their mind that they don't want to see me, it is their life. I won't risk f*cking up mine.

Meh, I take a different approach. Always spend time with people so if it is the last time you see them you won't have any regrets.

I spent years of my life with my grand parents, they would pick me up for lunch at school every day, I would go to their summer house 3 months every year, they would take me to sports events on weekends and when they fly up north I try to see them every week ...

When COVID happened and they said they didn't want to see me if I wasn't vaccinated, I had no problem telling them they wouldn't see me, it was their choice, not mine. Fully aware that my grandfather is 88. I have spent enough time with them already.

I did get a chance to see them when they backed down on their stupid requirement and will see them again in January when I go to Florida.

But I would have no problem if they made up their mind that they don't want to see me, it is their life. I won't risk f*cking up mine.
I'm with you. Would you wear a mask to see them?

I'm with you. Would you wear a mask to see them?
Once, yes. But I wouldn't be going there all the time and only because they are old.

However, I would wear one of those lose fitting masks, not one of those that seal around the face.

just curious: during events and celebrations has anybody been refused to see their family by their own family for not getting the jab. hear this has been happening quite often with libtards

My mom is in a nursing home and they wouldn’t let me in without getting the vaccine. I had it anyway, so I’m not sure what would happen if I pushed the issue. I assume police and stupidity, but thankfully it didn’t have to go there

Once, yes. But I wouldn't be going there all the time and only because they are old.

However, I would wear one of those lose fitting masks, not one of those that seal around the face.

My mom is in a nursing home and they wouldn’t let me in without getting the vaccine. I had it anyway, so I’m not sure what would happen if I pushed the issue. I assume police and stupidity, but thankfully it didn’t have to go there

I got an email from my daughter's school/group home yesterday, they're offering the booster (she's 17). They don't require it or even the original vaxxes, but they have different protocols for quarantining/home visits if they're vaxxed or not vaxxed. After 4 mos of lockdown last year where they never left the group home, we opted to have her vaccinated so we wouldn't have to worry about whether she'd have to quarantine for a close contact, since in that environment w/ staff coming and going people were testing + on a weekly basis. They'd test the students after the staff tested + and as long as they were negative they could go to school during the day and home visits.

We started getting emails about a month ago w/ staff testing positive, has happened at least once a week but none of the student have tested positive (the staff are all masked around the kids). I called the nurse yesterday, she said the booster does not change their fully vaxxed status meaning she's still considered fully vaxxed and subject to those protocols even without the booster - for now. If they change that I'll have a shitty decision to make. I can bring her home whenever I like but if she's positive we have to quarantine/test before she can go back. During lockdown last year they wouldn't take them back if we took them home, and it would have jeopardized her placement. It's a shitty situation to be in.

I got an email from my daughter's school/group home yesterday, they're offering the booster (she's 17). They don't require it or even the original vaxxes, but they have different protocols for quarantining/home visits if they're vaxxed or not vaxxed. After 4 mos of lockdown last year where they never left the group home, we opted to have her vaccinated so we wouldn't have to worry about whether she'd have to quarantine for a close contact, since in that environment w/ staff coming and going people were testing + on a weekly basis. They'd test the students after the staff tested + and as long as they were negative they could go to school during the day and home visits.

We started getting emails about a month ago w/ staff testing positive, has happened at least once a week but none of the student have tested positive (the staff are all masked around the kids). I called the nurse yesterday, she said the booster does not change their fully vaxxed status meaning she's still considered fully vaxxed and subject to those protocols even without the booster - for now. If they change that I'll have a shitty decision to make. I can bring her home whenever I like but if she's positive we have to quarantine/test before she can go back. During lockdown last year they wouldn't take them back if we took them home, and it would have jeopardized her placement. It's a shitty situation to be in.
Yeah just be aware that more people locally are getting sick. I only knew a few people that have had it, but a few of my Facebook friends are sick with it and their are a bunch of cases at my moms nursing home. She had it last year, so hopefully it skips her.

Yeah just be aware that more people locally are getting sick. I only knew a few people that have had it, but a few of my Facebook friends are sick with it and their are a bunch of cases at my moms nursing home. She had it last year, so hopefully it skips her.
I know, thanks. After several months of no notifications they have staff coming down with it left and right and we're getting notifications at least once a week. I'm also on the board of the local community hospital and getting weekly Covid updates from the CEO again. Honestly I just hope she gets it so we can do one quarantine and move on, she's getting tested at least once a week so who knows.... I had it, my other daughter had it, she's the only on who hasn't had it.

I know, thanks. After several months of no notifications they have staff coming down with it left and right and we're getting notifications at least once a week. I'm also on the board of the local community hospital and getting weekly Covid updates from the CEO again. Honestly I just hope she gets it so we can do one quarantine and move on, she's getting tested at least once a week so who knows.... I had it, my other daughter had it, she's the only on who hasn't had it.
My kids didn’t catch it either and they are youngins. Might had had it and just no symptoms. They weren’t sick so I didn’t bother testing them. Just kept them home from school.

While I would never ask for a vax card or ask that people wear a mask I would hope people use common sense when visiting friends/relatives who are compromised and could potentially get really sick. If you're visiting friends/relatives who are high risk and you think you've been exposed or have some cold/flu like symptoms then stay home.
I did this with the normal stuff before the Fauxdemic. Missed Christmas with my side of the family because the kids came down with some pretty gnarly upper respiratory bug. Common sense, used to be more common.

I did this with the normal stuff before the Fauxdemic. Missed Christmas with my side of the family because the kids came down with some pretty gnarly upper respiratory bug. Common sense, used to be more common.
There's an enormous difference staying home when someone is sick versus when they're not. I don't think anyone would recommend bringing a sick/contagious individual to a family gathering, particularly if there are at risk people there.

my s-i-l has a party every xmas eve. party still happening but she just sent out this mssg to every guest: "not sure of everyone's vax status so feel free to wear a mask if you want"
i consider this a mostly-win.....someone is obviously a turd in the punch bowl and privately asked her about guests/vax status, she knows my family and a couple others are pureblooded, she's smart enough to keep her mouth shut but not ballsy enough to tell the turd to piss up a rope (it would be asking a lot for her to do that)
(it should be noted that s-i-l and her hubs are vaxxed but not pushy or showy about it)
i guess i'll know who the turd is as soon as i see their masked face.....

Same rules as pre-COVID - if you’re sick, stay home. If your fever is over, take some OTC meds to limit coughs and sniffling and come on over.

Aaaaaand... a new development to my sister wanting tests. My 2 brothers work together. One of the 2 now has tested positive for covid (so far mild symptoms thankfully, not maried to test SIL). Not sure that brother and portion of the family was invited anyway (no other reason than spending it with opposite inlaws, kids, families etc.

Anyway as I suspected the greatest danger to getting together with either side of the family was them to us and not us to them.

Was planning to go to Covid brothers house in AM and watch Nephew's tear into LEGOs and such but not now.

Sadly now my Mom has to take daily covid tests. So far a have been negative.

A family member wants us all to take a rapid test (in the driveway??) before hanging out Christmas morning.

Her, her husband & infant were close contacts to a positive person and had to get tested just the other day.

Several family members have said "no", including her father and the gathering starts at her parents house.

The whole family is vaxxed to some point (except the infant and 2 others under 5).

Many (most, actually) have had "breakthrough" (f-ing hate that wording) covid.

I'm so tired of this shit. She can stay home.

Saw my family last weekend because we never leave the house Christmas day. We spend the day together in peace and quiet. I pan sear a whole venison backstrap with home made blueberry currant sauce with German dumplings on the side.
Mmmm.
Are the dumplings made with real Germans?

Same science that says boys are girls and girls are boys? No offense meant to all the transwhatevers on this site.
tetrarob3.jpg

Early morning a bunch if nurses would get off, all wearing their scrubs, and a bunch that finished their shifts would get on, also wearing their scrubs.

I asked a friend that is married to a nurse and aparently nurses don't get lockers to change. I guess with all the wasted space hospitals have they don't have enough for a small locker room, so I assume they wear the same scrubs to work with sick people that they wore while sitting on a nasty subway seat.
What is the purpose of scrubs? Who are scrubs intended to protect?

I'm certain there are more people walking around with eColi on their hands than Covid swirling around their heads...let's have a wipe sample station for eColi next to every front door of every shop, home, business, etc. before you are allowed in...sounds silly, no?
Wiping: you're doing it wrong.
sZEjaJ.gif

"I"m sorry, your sets and reps are insufficient. You can't join the family for Christmas"
"Chinese takey-outie for YOU!!1!"
Bah! Get the sit-down Peking Duck.
Splurge: spring for the optional smile.
#ProTip

Since this pandemic started, I’ve been fascinated with the idea that people who have lived a full life think that the world shut down so they could squeak out a couple more miserable years, and f*** over an entire generation of our kids
An Adam and Dr. Drew Show caller this week reported
as a mere aside (not even the purpose of the call)
that some friend's toddler literally screams and has a meltdown
that "there's a monster!" if it sees an unmasked human.

That is the most fücked-up child damage story I've heard to date.

Covid isn't going away so people will have to figure out how to live/deal with it. ...
Just wait'll the antiviral drugs become available.

You think you're seeing anti-mandate riots now -
just wait until the average person realizes that
you pop some pills (maybe even OTC) and you're cured.

This lockdown crap will be as relevant as the rusted "no spitting" signs
in the subway during my childhood,
when there were no drug-resistant TB strains in the wild.

They may try to keep pushing the nonsense,
but too many people won't suck for it any longer.

my s-i-l has a party every xmas eve. party still happening but she just sent out this mssg to every guest: "not sure of everyone's vax status so feel free to wear a mask if you want"
i consider this a mostly-win.....someone is obviously a turd in the punch bowl and privately asked her about guests/vax status, she knows my family and a couple others are pureblooded, she's smart enough to keep her mouth shut but not ballsy enough to tell the turd to piss up a rope (it would be asking a lot for her to do that)
(it should be noted that s-i-l and her hubs are vaxxed but not pushy or showy about it)
i guess i'll know who the turd is as soon as i see their masked face.....
Quoting myself because the irony to end all ironies just happened…….the turds were exactly which group i expected them to be and one of them tested positive today.
[rofl][laugh2][banana][rofl2]
s-i-l just called me and said she knows idgaf but she had to let me know.

SHTF last night.. inlaws were supposed to come on Sunday as we go to my family on Xmas Day. Wife got a turd of an email from my MIL.. "We can't be fooling around with this. Tell me again when (me) was vaccinated for the first time"

Long story short, wife told her sometime back in Nov, and MIL basically asked for proof. AYFKM? Then she suggested we (WE, not them) get tested before gathering. WTF? Funny thing is we all were together for Thanksgiving, plus 2 non-family members who had nowhere else to go. Nobody said "boo" about Vax status, and we all had a great day. Wife is PISSED beyond belief.. Me.. I'd be thrilled to get my Sunday back to myself.

so.. basically they are vaxxed, we are vaxxed, and there's still a f***ing issue.. If you're that f***ing scared.. crawl under the bed and stay there because Covid's not going anywhere, EVER.
I may as well update too.. As I expected, my moonbat SIL had a hand in this whole thing too.. after Thurs/Friday of the wife dealing with this, it's agreed that no vax paperwork is needed and how do we best get thru this. So MIL calls last night.. small leak in sewer cleanout in basement... have to cancel. Rather than postpone, we offer to come to them for a quick visit, as no usable bathrooms, at least for a big crowd...

So on our way down today, get word from my SIL that at her boyfriend's family's Xmas, someone was there sick with C19, so they have to quarantine.. I told my wife.. I bet that sick person was vaxed too..

Karma's a bitch..

I may as well update too.. As I expected, my moonbat SIL had a hand in this whole thing too.. after Thurs/Friday of the wife dealing with this, it's agreed that no vax paperwork is needed and how do we best get thru this. So MIL calls last night.. small leak in sewer cleanout in basement... have to cancel. Rather than postpone, we offer to come to them for a quick visit, as no usable bathrooms, at least for a big crowd...

So on our way down today, get word from my SIL that at her boyfriend's family's Xmas, someone was there sick with C19, so they have to quarantine.. I told my wife.. I bet that sick person was vaxed too..

Karma's a bitch..
1640564335108.png

Karma's a bitch..
It’s funny how crazy these people truly are and yet they feel so empowered. Literal morons.

Thankfully my family members that are pro-vax are either cool with me not being jabbed, or live far enough away that I'm unlikely to see them face-to-face any time soon.

i hate people and generally don't want to be near them anyway...i don't need any excuses, i just tell them stay the f*** away from me and i'll stay away from you. i find it works well enough.

i hate people and generally don't want to be near them anyway...i don't need any excuses, i just tell them stay the f*** away from me and i'll stay away from you. i find it works well enough.

Hey - that's MY line! [laugh]
ha.. when I was looking for my PT job, wife told the mgr at Bass Pro.. "he'd be great in the back room (receiving/apparel processing), he hates people". [rofl]

Karma's a bitch..
I obviously know nothing about your situation, but if I had to guess your SIL's main problem is she doesnt either like you or people in general and is looking for any reason to keep you or less people around her.

I can't imagine many healthy relationships being blown to pieces by in house family vaccine mandates. I suspect all of this shit is rooted in major emotional problems that are now allowed out.

These people look for reasons to push people away and/or leverage control over people.

Well, Christmas Day came, we had the girls family ( her Mom, sister, brother and sil) over for 7 fishes xmas eve. 94 yr old Mom ( 3 jabs and covid in april 2020), had a good cough for a week, and it was present all night. Sister and Mom slept over and in AM we made the call to the sil and her son that it would be best if we kept her away with the cough and all.....dropped off their gifts and rapid tests on their porch, and had an amazing day with her sister and Mom ( both stayed over). we even got Chinese food for dinner!!! Perfect!!!

Back
Top Bottom