• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Family deer count

Still at zero my first season. I didn’t take a smaller doe my second day out of archery season. I am so regretful now that I didn’t take it. Hopefully I still have another opportunity this season.

Still at zero my first season. I didn’t take a smaller doe my second day out of archery season. I am so regretful now that I didn’t take it. Hopefully I still have another opportunity this season.
You'll get one. If not you learn and hope for the best next year. Don't beat yourself up over it. I've been skunked many of years.

2..I got one and my brother got one. Hopefully a couple more in the next couple of weeks. I was fortunate enough to get a couple of roadkill in the freezer at the end of October. So I'm okay with meat. But I wouldn't mind getting one more.

What do you do with 11 deer?
Well, they are aged well, then cut up, some parts become sausage, the guys have large freezers and Little Jack's favorite is the hearts which he fries in butter for 11 meals. Everything gone by spring. The bones and hides get tossed into the woods for the yotes and bears to play with. Jack.

Back
Top Bottom